Playlist in Main Window 2.0.0 (2012-08-05)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

darkman2002

Re: Playlist in Main Window 1.1 (2009-06-18)

Post by darkman2002 »

darkman2002 wrote:AWESOME
Just what I'm looking for.
Thanks

Houston, we have a problem.

This script is NOT working on MM4, at least to me.

Help, please.

Any ideas ???

regards
darkman2002

Post by darkman2002 »

Wish Bex can give a try and make a new version that works fine with MM4 .
wutzin

Post by wutzin »

darkman2002 wrote:Wish Bex can give a try and make a new version that works fine with MM4 .
god you had me scared for a moment there. This is the most important script for my MM use! I just double-checked and this script is working just fine for me. After installing it on MM4, I hit the "check playlist table" button, then the "update" button. BTW, I use the "Grouping" field" to store the playlist info.

After adding a track to a playlist, the view is not updated immediately. Switch to a different node, then come back and you will see that the script is working just fine (at least here).

Bex, thanks for this huge improvement to usability.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

kiwichick wrote:Hi Bex, I'm currently using MM4.0.0.1439 and the playlists are no longer displayed in the chosen column (or in the Properties field). I have tried:

1. Options / Activate/Update
2. Playlist node / Rebuild PlaylistsNames in Main Window
3. Change chosen column and Activate/Update
4. Uninstall then re-install and Activate/Update

But none of those has helped. Any suggestions would be great. Cheers.
OK I think I found a contributing factor for this. The script is working fine for newly created playlists but it doesn't seem to be working for playlists that have been restored using the Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata script. Even after adding new songs to these lists, the new songs do not show in the chosen column. Looks like there's a new version of Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata so I'll see if it addresses this problem.
kiwichick

Post by kiwichick »

I have posted in the Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata topic and it seems that the problem is definitely with Playlist in Main Window. The link is here:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 35#p322363

I hope Bex comes back soon and can take a look at this.
darkman2002

Post by darkman2002 »

kiwichick wrote:I have posted in the Restore PlayHistory/Playlists/Metadata topic and it seems that the problem is definitely with Playlist in Main Window. The link is here:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 35#p322363

I hope Bex comes back soon and can take a look at this.
Thanks for this. I have reinstall MM3 and all my favorites scripts. This one is one of those. Until then I´m stuck and happy with mm3.

Regards
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

There is a fix for this in the Restore topic, if you are having problems with this script you may look into it because it fixed the issues I was having but in case you do not want to scroll through the entire topic, here is an excerpt.

Code: Select all

Yes, there is something strange with your database indeed. The problem is with Bex's script, and it is manifesting with many static playlists, not only those restored with my script. I suppose that it is not his fault, but the program itself or some another script which is creating playlists using SQL. Here is the explanation if you are interested about it. There is the IsAutoPlaylist field in the Playlists table which has a value of = 1 when a playlist is an auto-playlist, and by default it has a value = NULL if it is not an auto-playlist, but your database and some databases which I got from another users have some static playlists with empty value for IsAutoPlaylist field, i.e. it is not 0, nor NULL. I don't know whose fault is that, but it is not mine, my script doesn't create playlists with such values (except when restoring playlists from databases that already have such values).

Anyway, if you want to enable Bex's script to work even with such databases and since he is busy and hasn't time for the script's update, you could open it in Notepad and replace all occurrences of IsAutoPlaylist=0 to IsAutoPlaylist<>1.
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
pitflyer

Post by pitflyer »

Thanks so much for mostly solving this for me.

For those really dumb like me, here is what I did

1) Go to C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto
2) Open PlaylistInMainWindow (VBS File) with Notepad
3) CTRL-F for IsAutoPlaylist
4) Replace every instance of IsAutoPlaylist=0 with IsAutoPlaylist<>1
5) Under the Playlist In Main Window Settings (Right Click on Playlists in the TREE) hit the CHECK and then ACTIVATE/UPDATE button
6) Under the Playlist In Main Window Settings (Right Click on Playlists in the TREE), hit the Rebuild PlaylistsNames in Main Window

Now you should be good.

A lingering problem for me is for some reason MM4 is continuing to bring in IMPORTED PLAYLISTS even though I have told it not to monitor the Playlists folder (used by WMP) and told it not to associate ANY playlist file types with MM.

Anyone know how to turn this off? I delete them every time MM opens but they just reappear after every shut down!
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Do you have the playlists selected in the file types, I think if you turn that off it should solve your problem?

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
pitflyer

Post by pitflyer »

Yes - I did find one other place where the file monitor was enabled due to the nuance of Windows file structure having those Music directories under 2 paths in MM. So glad to have this fixed - one of the main elements I use. Now, if I could just get the darned device sync to work, I could stop using WMP completely........
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

Thank you to nynaevelan and pitflyer. Editing the vbs file worked for me.
Can't afford a signature.
copytech

Post by copytech »

I cannot seem to get the script to add ANYTHING to any field I select in the options I am using MM 4.03
ANY suggestions
Bex

Re: Playlist in Main Window 2.0.0 (2012-08-05)

Post by Bex »

Script is updated!
Ver 2.0.0 (2012-08-05)
- Added support for AutoPlaylist (Idea by Onweerwolf )
- Added possibility to store Playlist info into same or different columns (Idea by wutzin)
- Added optionally exclude Playlists
- Added an information button in the options with essential information on how the script works
- Added a nice progress bar
- Fixed bug with updating of new Playlists introduced in MM4 (Thanks ZvezdanD)
- Optimized triggers a lot

This update should take care of problems reported and introduce some new cool features.

Special thanks go to Nyn. Who helped out with testing of the update! :)

Download here or from the first post:
Playlist in Main Window 2.0.0
Make sure that you read the information in the options!
If you're a new user, please read the first post, including the installation instructions.

Enjoy!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Kostarena

Post by Kostarena »

Hi Bex.

Is it possible to assign the playlist entries to another field besides 'Custom' or 'Grouping' ?

I'm trying to determine if I can do this for the "Composer" field (TCOM).

I'm doing this now in Linux, but it's choking on commas and other punctuation;

cat PathAndPlaylists.txt | while read z; do filename=$(echo "$z" | cut -f1); playlists=$(echo "$z" | cut -f2); eyeD3 --no-tagging-time-frame --no-zero-padding --set-text-frame=TCOM:"$playlists" "$filename" ; done
PathAndPlaylists.txt [Tab delimited] ;
/home/Music/A/Average White Band/1975/Average White Band - Cut The Cake.mp3 1970-POP; -ALL-POP; 1970-ALL
/home/Music/A/Average White Band/1975/Average White Band - Pick Up the Pieces.mp3 1970-POP; -ALL-POP; 1970-ALL

Thank you.
Kostarena.
Bex

Post by Bex »

You can change the script to include other database fields:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/Songs_table

On row 25:

Dim IntoCustFieldArray(6)
IntoCustFieldArray(0)="Select a Column..."
IntoCustFieldArray(1)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld1Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(2)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld2Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(3)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld3Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(4)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld4Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(5)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld5Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(6)="Grouping"
Change to:

Dim IntoCustFieldArray(7) '<--------------
IntoCustFieldArray(0)="Select a Column..."
IntoCustFieldArray(1)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld1Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(2)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld2Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(3)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld3Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(4)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld4Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(5)=Ini.StringValue("CustomFields", "Fld5Name")
IntoCustFieldArray(6)="Grouping"
IntoCustFieldArray(7)="Author" '<-------------
EDIT!!
This is not a good idea! The Composer field is also stored in the ArtistSongs table (to cater for multiple composers). You will actually break MM if you implement this on the composer field. If all your custom fileds and already in use, you can try other fields like ISRC or similar.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts