Ability to preserve folders in "send to folders(copy)"

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Tango Man

Ability to preserve folders in "send to folders(copy)"

Post by Tango Man »

It would be very nice to be able to keep the sub-folders in the "send to folder(copy)" in the manner which is available in "send to folders(rip/convert)"

I have a large library (45,000 titles) and sometimes I want to make a DVD or setup a portable drive with a subset of the library. Lets say I wanted to break out all of the tangos in the library to take to a tango party.

Right now I have to do this in Explorer, which is a real pain.

The "send to folders(rip/convert)" has a dialog that allows preservation of the file structure, which would be perfect for what I need.

Thanks so much for this great program.
Peke

Re: Ability to preserve folders in "send to folders(copy)"

Post by Peke »

Case one External HDD:
1. Basically all you need is to set Portable Plugin d_USBMass1.dll to point to your external HDD
2. Set Path and Mask you wanna use
3. After that set Use Manual Sync to Only Selected Files to Device.

Case two Burn:
1. Select all tracks you wanna Burn and burn DATA MP3 CD/DVD
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Tango Man

Post by Tango Man »

Wow.

The tracks come out more organized than original.

Seems to be perfect.

Thanks for the help.
Maze023

Post by Maze023 »

I just also found out you can enter a SATA Device ID in the "USB Device ID" field of the USBMass1.dll plugin settings. You can find the SATA Device ID names as "Location" when you right click on your HDD or SSD in This PC, then select "Properties" and then go to the Hardware tab. Here you will see a list of your connected SATA Hard Drives and SSD's, select the one you are going to use and you will see the location in the Device Properties section below. Just copy and paste this whole line of text into the USB Device ID field and you will see that the device has come online when you go to the Summary tab in the plugin settings window.

Thought I might add this info for those who want to just use a specific hard drive to sync their music to. I use this for example to sort all my music on my NAS and only store the music files on my pc I need for DJ gigs.