Queue List 1.2 (2012-02-13) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Queue List 1.0 (2010-05-13) [MM2+3]

Post by ZvezdanD »

91falk wrote:This is exactly what doesn't work :/ No song starts playing from the Queue List. (The Queue List exists and there are some Songs added by pressing Q or menu-entry "Queue Selected")
Sorry, but I really have no idea what is happening to you. It works fine on my computer. Are you sure that you have same tracks in the Queue List and the Now Playing panel? Did you try to restart the program? Which version of the program do you have? Have you installed some another add-on which is messing with the playback?

Is there anybody else having same problem?
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
91falk

Post by 91falk »

I now deinstalled all Plugins, delete the Queue List and reinstall Queue List. And it works fine! I than reinstall al other Plugins and it still works fine.
So i do not know where the problem was :/

Thank you for this great Plugin!! A great little function which have to be standard in mediaplayers ;)

mfg 91falk

PS: Following Plugins are installed:
Batch Art Finder 3.0
Lyrics and Comment Viewer 2.1.0.1
Lyricsplugin 1.0
WebNodes 1.2
Queue List 1.0
Play Next 1.2 (OK, this improvisatory plugin I will not need anny more :P)
Sorry, my english is bad ;)
91falk

Post by 91falk »

One Question: Is it possible to create an entry for Queue List in the options for Doubleclick-Action?
Or even an entry like "Put in Queue List if there are songs in Queue List, otherwise play it now".
(So if the current song wasn't in Queue List the doubleklicked song will be played instantley)

This would be a great action for partys:
On my Partys, evrybody (don't worry, we aren't that much and I know them ;)) can go to my notebook and play a song he likes. But if I would try to explain them Queue List, they will forget it or even not understand it ;)
So it would be great if they can just Double-Klick or press Enter without interupting or confusing the Queue List :)

It would be great if you would take care of my Ideas for a next version of Queue List :)

Thank You!

mfg 91falk
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

91falk wrote:Is it possible to create an entry for Queue List in the options for Doubleclick-Action?
I am sorry, but MediaMonkey's programing interface doesn't allow such thing as a response to mouse actions in the main tracklist or Now Playing panel, nor it allows handling of the Enter key as a shortcut.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
gko

Post by gko »

EDIT: Having read some more, it doesn't look like this is currently possible. I see that there are some new functions in MM4.0 which would allow this kind of thing to be done. Nevermind, I'll manage with what's currently possible. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, many thanks for creating this script - I was looking for this function, and was very happy to see that you'd kindly responded to other people's requests. It's really great that there are so many nice developers who spend their time improving this really useful software.

I have a question/request regarding this script - usually in Winamp (on which this queueing function is based if I'm not mistaken) once the queue has been played it will then resume playing the next track that was on the Now Playing list before anything was queued. However, with this script it simply plays the songs that have been queued and then stops (or at least that's what happens on my computer).

Is it possible to change it so that once the tracks in the queue have been played, it goes back to where it was in the Now Playing list?

Let me know if I haven't explained myself properly...
Thanks!
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

gko wrote:Is it possible to change it so that once the tracks in the queue have been played, it goes back to where it was in the Now Playing list?
I should admit that this add-on use some dirty tricks to allow what is requested, without generating its own list of tracks, but using the existing one. Used algorithm works as you want only if you have Now Playing panel with a lot of tracks and Queue List with not so many tracks. However, if you have just few tracks in Now Playing panel and many tracks in Queue List then you could get the described situation.

Everybody who has similar problem with this add-on could try the next solution: open c:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\QueueList.vbs with Notepad, go to line 37 and change

Code: Select all

Const bALT_SHUFFLE = False
to

Const bALT_SHUFFLE = True
91falk

Post by 91falk »

What do this variable? Maby it is interesting even for users without problems ;)

mfg 91falk
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

91falk wrote:What do this variable?
That constant determines the way of execution. There are two cases, unfortunately both have some drawbacks when the Shuffle mode is turned on. With the first, default case you could get some tracks skipped during playback which is particularly notable when Now Playing contains just few tracks and Queue List has many tracks (in the worst scenario you could get as much skipped tracks as you have tracks in Queue List). With the second case (which you would get if you enter the suggested modification), the shuffle mode would be initialized after the last fetched track from Queue List, i.e. many tracks would be played more than once.
91falk

Post by 91falk »

I do not really understand the problems...
But i think its not so important, cause it works fine for me :D

mfg 91falk
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

91falk wrote:I do not really understand the problems...
But i think its not so important, cause it works fine for me :D
Well, you are not experiencing the problem most probably because you have Now Playing list with too many tracks, and if you get some track skipped during playback, you would not notice that. I know this problem is hard to explain, especially because it is connected with the random nature of Shuffle playback, but I will try with the next example:
- turn on Shuffle mode;
- clear Now Playing panel and load 4 tracks into it using drag & drop;
- start playing from the first track and let the program play one track more (not matter which one);
- queue the third track (not by order in the list, but not played previously) during playback of the second track;
- now, when the playback of the second track ends, we have two possible cases because Shuffle is turned on:
1. the program starts playback of the third track - the add-on checks if it is the first in Queue List and will remove it from that list but would continue its reproduction; after the playback of that track ends, the program would play the forth track;
2. the program starts playback of the forth track - the add-on checks if it is the first in Queue List and since it is not, the add-on would skip playback of that track and force play of the third track; after the playback of that track ends, the program would not play the forth track.

However, if you modify the add-on using my mentioned suggestion, when the playback of the second track ends you would get the next situation: the add-on will play the track from the Queue List and after that will initialize the shuffle mode, i.e. all tracks from the Now Playing list would be played once more in some new random order.

Unfortunately, neither of those two solutions is perfect and they are not exactly same as the WinAmp behavior, but I decided to implement the first one as default because it is more similar to WinAmp.
91falk

Post by 91falk »

Ah, now I understand the problems :)
Thank you!

Is it not possible to play the next song in Queue List before any other song is touched? So you would not have the problem with the first Variable-setting.

mfg 91falk
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

91falk wrote:Is it not possible to play the next song in Queue List before any other song is touched?
Unfortunately, it is not. Believe me, I tried every likely way. If it is possible, I surely would implement such solution already. There are only two possibilities: 1. to get some tracks skipped, 2. to get many tracks played twice.

Theoretically, there could be one more solution. During playback the script could generate an internal list of skipped tracks and when playback finishes the script could play tracks from that list. There is only one "small" problem with such solution: the MediaMonkey programing interface doesn't give us an event for the total playback end on which my script could response. MM API has OnPlaybackEnd event (which I already use), but it is generated on the end of each song, so my script cannot detect when the playback of all tracks is ended. However, even if MM has something like OnTotalPlaybackEnd, there are situations which could compromise such solution, e.g. if user click on the Stop button. You know, sometimes MM API is really driving me crazy.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Could you not use the "OnTrackEnd" and then check if the track is the last in the list using it's index? I also thought that when it reached the end it set "Player.isPlaying" to False, so maybe you could have a timer triggered in "OnTrackEnd" which then checks the "Player.isPlaying" status after a second to see if it's started playing a new track.

I've not read the full thread or played with this script so my comments may be way out of context, I was merely trying to help with a solution to the "small" problem you mentioned.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

trixmoto wrote:Could you not use the "OnTrackEnd" and then check if the track is the last in the list using it's index? I also thought that when it reached the end it set "Player.isPlaying" to False, so maybe you could have a timer triggered in "OnTrackEnd" which then checks the "Player.isPlaying" status after a second to see if it's started playing a new track.
OnTrackEnd is not much different than OnPlaybackEnd in regard to that, in fact it is even worse for this implementation, IIRC. I already have a timer which is triggered on the OnPlaybackEnd after one millisecond and it seems to works fine when checking Player.isPlaying status. One second is too much for timer because it could introduce unnecessary gape during reproduction between each two tracks. There is also not any index to check if the track is the last in the list if Shuffle is turned on. Thanks for suggestions.

There is a new release: v1.0.1 - 2010-07-26
* Fixed: problem during playback with skipped tracks (MM 3.1.0.1223 or up).
Peke

Re: Queue List 1.0.1 (2010-07-26) [MM2+3]

Post by Peke »

Zvezdan,
Maybe I'm Mistaking but I tried using OnTrackEnd and this should be getting if Last track on list check:

Function  IsLast(arg)
    If  ((SDB.Player.CurrentPlaylist.Count-1) = SDB.Player.CurrentSongIndex) and (Not SDB.Player.isShuffle) And (not SDB.Player.isRepeat) Then
    	Set IsLast = True
    Else
    	Set IsLast = False
    End if
End Function
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts