Queue List 1.2 (2012-02-13) [MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

yann

Re: Queue List 1.2 (2012-02-13) [MM2+]

Post by yann »

Did you get any feedback from the developers or managed to resolve the issue : IE "hear a second or so of another song from the Now Playing list before the next queued song"?

Was about to switch from Winamp to MM because of your great Queue add-on but this is a major annoyance in my perspective.

Thx!
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

V 1.2.1

Please confirm if the following behavior is normal with 'Normal Play' (no shuffle)

1. Now Playing is loaded with tracks, as such,
T1
T2
T3
T4
T5
T6
T7

2. T4 is clicked on to play
- while T4 is playing, I search around for some tracks that show up in the file list.
- I find three tracks I want to select > right click > Queue Selected > it adds those 3 tracks
to the "end" of the NP list (T8, T9, T10).

3. When T4 finishes playing, it jumps to the first of those chosen three (T8) >
it plays through the two remaining tracks > after that is completed, NP just stops playing.

Does this sound correct? It is not supposed to resume back to T5?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
MMW 4.1.31.1919; 5.0.4.2690 || back it up...frequently!
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
"The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth"
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

It doesn't sound correct. It is supposed to resume back, but it has a bug with the normal play mode. However, the main purpose of this add-on is with the shuffle mode where the add-on will resume playback with the rest of files from the list, as you expect.

Winamp has the option called "When the queue is emptied, resume playback at the next song expected before the queue was created". So, this add-on works in shuffle mode as with that option turned on, but in normal mode as it is turned off.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Okay, I turned on 'Shuffle'

Here is what happens using track list ex. from my previous post,
It resumes to T5, but after T5 plays, it stops.

Also, if working correctly, does it now include the newly added tracks as part of the shuffle?
Does it dismiss them by skipping over them?
MM user since 2003 (lifetime lic. 2012) "Trying to imagine life without music gives me a headache"
Top 2 scripts: RegExp Find & Replace (e.v.) and Magic Nodes (e.v.) ZvezdanD's scripts site
Please take a moment to read the bottom of the linked page to support the one and only - ZvezdanD! (the "originator" since 2006).
|| software for power users: "Q-Dir" (free alt. to explorer) and file/folder renamer: "ReNamer" (den4b)
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

This add-on should respect the playling list in shuffle mode, i.e. when you start playing none file should be played twice or missed from the playback until the end. Of course, this is the case with the Repeat option turned off. For example, if I have 3 files in the Now Playing list, and if I add 2 files to the Queue List after I started playback, I need to get 5 files played in total. No more, no less. If you find otherwise, it will be a bug.

It will help if you give more details what did you do exactly and what happened exactly. I recommend that you first install my Event Logger add-on, open its Option dialog and make sure that all events are turned off except OnPlay, OnPlaybackEnd and OnCompletePlaybackEnd. Then you could copy/paste its log to me. Also I recommend that you first try with just few very short files.

Here is what I just tried:
- I had 4 tracks in Now Playing as T1-T4;
- started playing by double click on the second track;
- used Queue Selected to add one track from the main tracklist to the Queue List -> it was added automatically to NP as T5;
- here is what I got played: T2, T5, T1, T4, T3.

By the way, it is very important that you turn Shuffle on before you start playback if you want all files played just once, because that command resets the shuffled playing list.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Here is the track list of short songs I used for a new test:

T1 = Cathedral - Van Halen
T2 = Cheap Day Return - Jethro Tull
T3 = Pigs on the Wing, Pt. 1 - Pink Floyd
T4 = Pigs on the Wing, Pt. 2 - Pink Floyd

'Queue Selected' track
T5 = Dixie - Dixie Dregs, The

Steps:

Shuffle was turned on "before" finding the tracks for NP list

1. rested on Drive Location under 'Entire Library' to populate 'Main File List'
2. clicked on 'Length' column to bring shortest songs to top
3. scrolled through some to choose 4Ts for NP (see T-list above)
4. clicked on the 2nd track to start play (see T-list above)
5. found a 5th track to right click > Queue Selected > added to end of NP
6. sat back and watched it do its thing (view panel showing)

- below is what occurred in the NP list (not the event logger view panel)

7. It played through the 2nd track (completed)
8. It jumped to the 5th track (completed)
9. It jumped up to the 3rd track (completed)
10. It moved track focus (black, in non-skinned) to track 4, as
if it is ready to play it, but then stops
cold (not even the slightest peep out of
that next track before stopping)

Also, for some odd reason, if you follow order of 7-10, it doesn't seem to be shuffling/randomizing.

The log view panel inaccurately showed (in real-time) that the 3rd track played and completed play (with same start and end times?) before moving to the 5th track, which also has the same start time as that inaccurately logged track. :-? Could that be where the error lies?

Code: Select all

From 'EventLogger.csv' file
(I didn't change any info, I just adjusted the spacing within lines to improve legibility)

Date/Time Event [1-11] Track

4/11/2022 10:25:42 PM Play                        Jethro Tull      - 03 Cheap Day Return.mp3 
4/11/2022 10:27:05 PM Track playback finished     Jethro Tull      - 03 Cheap Day Return.mp3 
4/11/2022 10:27:05 PM Play                        Pink Floyd       - 01 Pigs on the Wing, Pt. 1.flac 
4/11/2022 10:27:05 PM Track playback finished     Pink Floyd       - 01 Pigs on the Wing, Pt. 1.flac 
4/11/2022 10:27:05 PM Play                        Dixie Dregs, The - 13 Dixie.mp3 
4/11/2022 10:28:36 PM Track playback finished     Dixie Dregs, The - 13 Dixie.mp3 
4/11/2022 10:28:36 PM Complete playback finished  Dixie Dregs      - 13 Dixie.mp3 
4/11/2022 10:28:36 PM Play                        Pink Floyd       - 01 Pigs on the Wing, Pt. 1.flac 
4/11/2022 10:30:02 PM Track playback finished     Pink Floyd       - 01 Pigs on the Wing, Pt. 1.flac 
4/11/2022 10:30:02 PM Play                        Pink Floyd       - 05 Pigs on the Wing, Pt. 2.flac 
4/11/2022 10:30:02 PM Track playback finished     Pink Floyd       - 05 Pigs on the Wing, Pt. 2.flac
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

The Event Viewer didn't inaccurately show that the 3-rd track played. This is how the Queue List add-on works. It waits in the OnPlaybackEnd event to see which is the next track and if it is not the same as the first track from the Queue List, it remembers that track (T3 in your case), immediately jumps to the first track from QL placed in NP (T5 in your case) and when all tracks from the shuffled playlist finish playing, it plays track(s) that are remembered because of their skipping.

In most cases such flow doesn't cause any audible problem, at least not om my computer, but if you look at some posts in this thread, there are users who experienced audible glitch when add-on force jump to the track from queue. However, none user reported missing tracks on playback until now.

Do you have any other add-on installed that is messing with the playback? Could you temporarily move all scripts from the Auto folder except this one to any other folder, just to do test? I don't know if any setting of the program itself could cause that. In fact, there is one thing that I'd like from you to try first: please repeat all your first steps with the same files added to the NP, then start playback from the second one, but this time don't use Queue Selected at all, and see if all tracks from NP will be played.

By the way, there are two ways how to shorten testing time with this add-on: 1) you don't need to listen the whole song, when it starts playing you could move the playback slider ~10 sec near the end and let it finish, or 2) you could create a few very short clips, e.g. 10 sec each, by chopping any .mp3 file, saving the result as a new file and adding it to the Library. I prefer mp3DirectCut for such things, but any audio editor could be used.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Well, I couldn't figure it out. The issue seem to be that it was not respecting the 'shuffle' setting, regardless of addons.
But all of a sudden I had a light bulb moment and, "What about 'Playback Rules' " popped into my head!
Sure enough, I had it set to ignore shuffle. :roll:
ZvezdanD wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 am if you look at some posts in this thread, there are users who experienced audible glitch when add-on force jump to the track from queue. However, none user reported missing tracks on playback until now
Yes, I experienced 'peep glitch' using it with normal play.
ZvezdanD wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:18 amBy the way, there are two ways how to shorten testing time with this add-on: 1) you don't need to listen the whole song, when it starts playing you could move the playback slider ~10 sec near the end and let it finish, or 2) you could create a few very short clips, e.g. 10 sec each, by chopping any .mp3 file, saving the result as a new file and adding it to the Library. I prefer mp3DirectCut for such things, but any audio editor could be used.
Yes, I am aware of both of those and did the first one when using normal play, but I wanted to try without doing that in case it
was messing with track flow somehow. On the second one, I didn't want to mess with that just for this. These are all short
tracks (under 01m:30s) and I have plenty of tracks even shorter, but the experience of this kind of trial and error is more fun if tracks are not too long, but significant enough to get something out of it.

So, now I will mess around with things a little more and if everything is good move on to other scenarios and
explorations :wink:

Thanks for your help!
😜
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

There is a new, enhanced version of the add-on. In fact, there are two new versions, one for MM 2-4 and other one for MM5. They are available only to donors.
MMFrLife

Post by MMFrLife »

Nice! :)
😜