Running MM under Mac OS X with Wineskin

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

monyet

Re: Running MM under Mac OS X with Wineskin

Post by monyet »

Peke wrote:Have you tried to Use Wave output?
Yeah, no difference. Even after restarting.
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

After rebuilding the wineskin package from scratch and re-installing MM and MAD Plugin the audio works fine for me.

Be careful to install the plugin as Administrator using the MMIP package. And if you do this incorrectly it seems to be uncorrectable, even uninstalling.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
benzekry

Post by benzekry »

Hi all,
First of all, thanks to all that contributed and especially to markstuart for his precious help and work on this topic. Just wanted to share my own experience.
Following steps from post in page 5 of this thread worked to get MM working and playing music. No problem to install the MAD plugin.

However, my goal is to get MM working at importing library stats (such as notation) from an externally generated xml file (such as the one created by Player Pro on android, actually what I want is to synchronise my ratings between my android phone and my computer). There are MM add-ons doing that (such as ImportMusicStatsXML.mmip) but unfortunately I was unsuccessful to get them working. Following pbryanw's advice for ie6.exe made things better (I can see the plugin under the Tools tab, although it does not work properly) but when restarting MM I get the same error as others: OLE800700E and the plugin disappeared...

Anybody has an idea to help?
thanks
markstuartwalker

Post by markstuartwalker »

@ benzekry

I have nearly completed the latest extension of the d_itunes plugin. http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... tart=99999

This exports the MM tracks and playlists into a file structure full of mp3 and m3u files. This file structure is then picked up by a OSX app which feeds it to a Mac instance of iTunes. The same app scans iTunes for changed ratings and play counts and updates the file structure. The MM plugin then syncs to the file structure picking up rating and play counts.

I see no reason that you could not write an app to pick up the file structure and feed it to the Android phone.
Windows 7,8 / Ubuntu 13.10 / Mavericks 10.9 / iOS 7.1 / iTunes 11.1
iTunes plugin (d_itunes & itunes4) http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=45713
Running MM under Mac OS X with Wine http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=58507
timjthomas

MediaMonkey & OS X

Post by timjthomas »

Anyone using MediaMonkey with OS X under Parallels? About a year ago, I moved to using a MacBook Pro and OS X. For the most part, I am happy with the move from Windows. I do miss MediaMonkey and do have Parallels to run a couple of Windows only applications.

So, I'm considering installing MediaMonkey (I have a lifetime gold license), but wanted to know if others are doing similarly and if there are any issues?

Thanks,

Tim
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
nanite2000

Re: MediaMonkey & OS X

Post by nanite2000 »

timjthomas wrote:Anyone using MediaMonkey with OS X under Parallels? About a year ago, I moved to using a MacBook Pro and OS X. For the most part, I am happy with the move from Windows. I do miss MediaMonkey and do have Parallels to run a couple of Windows only applications.

So, I'm considering installing MediaMonkey (I have a lifetime gold license), but wanted to know if others are doing similarly and if there are any issues?

Thanks,

Tim
Yes - I'm using it. It mostly works well, but there are a few things to bare in mind when using it:
  • It uses up a lot of memory (close to 1.5GB) because Parallells has to load the Windows Virtual Machine into memory, and then you have to add the memroy used by MediaMonkey on top of that. Your Mac will struggle if it has 4GB memory or less.
  • Drag and drop into, and out of, MediaMonkey will not work.
  • M3U playlists will be exported using the Windows file format ('\') instead of the Mac OSX format ('/').
  • If you're using it on a new Windows image, remember to 'Activate' windows within 30 days, otherwise MediaMonkey will suddenly stop working and you won't know why (like me).
Most of these issues only arose because I use MediaMonkey to import music into a DJ program for DJ-ing. If you're just using MediaMonkey to manage and play your music, then you should be fine.

:-)
Peke

Post by Peke »

nanite2000 wrote:
  • M3U playlists will be exported using the Windows file format ('\') instead of the Mac OSX format ('/').
You can set list export to Linux Format that uses "/"
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
nanite2000

Post by nanite2000 »

Peke wrote:
nanite2000 wrote:
I didn't know about that! :oops:

Where do I find that setting? I've gone through all the 'Options' and can't see it anywhere.
nanite2000

Post by nanite2000 »

nanite2000 wrote:
Peke wrote:
nanite2000 wrote:
I didn't know about that! :oops:

Where do I find that setting? I've gone through all the 'Options' and can't see it anywhere.
So...err...can anyone tell me where that option is?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nanite2000 wrote:So...err...can anyone tell me where that option is?
It's in the portable device options. Note that option is only for playlists made when syncing a portable device.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
nanite2000

Post by nanite2000 »

nohitter151 wrote:
It's in the portable device options. Note that option is only for playlists made when syncing a portable device.
It would be a useful option for exporting playlists to M3U files on the local filesystem, and could increase sales to Apple Mac customers who would otherwise not consider MediaMonkey. Are there any plans to support this feature in future?

If it's already available in one place, you may as well make it available everywhere, right?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

nanite2000 wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:
It would be a useful option for exporting playlists to M3U files on the local filesystem, and could increase sales to Apple Mac customers who would otherwise not consider MediaMonkey. Are there any plans to support this feature in future?
There is already an addon to export playlists with that option. See http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... d+playlist

erdnuesse

Post by erdnuesse »

Hi,

is there a manual / faq / howto that one can point to on this topic, or do I have to read the full thread to get this thing to work?

Regards
erdnuesse
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

erdnuesse wrote:Hi,

is there a manual / faq / howto that one can point to on this topic, or do I have to read the full thread to get this thing to work?

Regards
erdnuesse
The first post in the thread.

nanite2000

Post by nanite2000 »

nohitter151 wrote:
erdnuesse wrote:Hi,

Regards
erdnuesse
The first post in the thread.
Yep - that plugin solved my issue of exporting in Unix style file paths.

By the way, that plugin is good, but way too comprehensive for the average user. Are there any plans to add a simple built-in option for Unix filepath support? Just a checkbox would be enough in the Options, or (even better) in the playlist export window.

It would be very attractive for Mac OSX users.