Albums with Various Artists aren't staying together

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bobthegoat2001

Albums with Various Artists aren't staying together

Post by bobthegoat2001 »

I just started sorting my music like this when I transfer to a portable so that Artists that start with A will go into a folder called A (like Alice in Chains) and artist that start with B will go into a folder called B etc. But I noticed that albums with various artists are also alphabetized that way too, like sound tracks, instead of staying together. Here is what I currently use:

\Music\<Artist@1>\<Album Artist>\<Album> $if(<Year>,[<Year>],)\$if(<Track#>,<Track#:2>. ,<Album Artist> - )<Title>

The way I setup albums with various artists is I have the Album tag titled whatever the soundtrack is, for example 'The Matrix', then for Album Artist tag is titled 'Various Artists' for any album that has various artists and then the actual artist in the 'Artist' tag.

Is there a way that I can set it up so that anything that I tagged 'Various Artists' in the 'Album Artist' tag goes into the 'V' folder and then a sub folder called 'Various Artists'? So it's basically like this: Music\V\Various Artists\<Album>\

Thanks to anyone that can help me.
nohitter151

Re: Albums with Various Artists aren't staying together

Post by nohitter151 »

Why don't you just do this then:
\Music\<Album Artist@1>\<Album Artist>\<Album> $if(<Year>,[<Year>],)\$if(<Track#>,<Track#:2>. ,<Album Artist> - )<Title>
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
bobthegoat2001

Re: Albums with Various Artists aren't staying together

Post by bobthegoat2001 »

Hmmm, good call. Maybe I'll give that a try and see if it works.