Auto-Organize accompanying Files

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Bex

Post by Bex »

Sounds great!

But what happens if there is no move? As when you only rename the file without moving them?

Thanks
/Bex
jiri

Post by jiri »

Rename is generally considered to be a specific kind of a move operation.

Jiri
Bex

Post by Bex »

I see!
Really looking forward to this which I also think others do due to the increased use of "buddy" files such as lyrics etc...

Thanks!
/Bex
judas

Post by judas »

thats really interesting and I back your idea Bex and your implementation (jiri)...this way the developers wouldnt have to worry about taking into account EVERY type of buddy file, neither to add "partial cue sheet support"...the most needed features could be addressed by those magicians that we call scripters :-).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I don't think you meant anything by it judas but that did sound a little harsh on the developers. Us scripters have the advantage of chosing what we write and can write very specific code. The developers however have to write functionality which please the majority, and ensure that the application is stable with it. The developers are the magicians and deserve high praise. Although as a scripter, I'm not turning any down! :)
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
judas

Post by judas »

by no ways i was taking any credits or anything out from the developers...im praising them as their approach into this may even add even more flexibility to this specific feature (renaming all sorts of accompanying files) than if they had to sit down and think of every possible variation of needs...cue sheets, lyric files, album art, etc, etc etc that every user might have, and specific naming conventions every user has.

jiri, rusty...my intention wasnt to downgrade your work or anything,,,the exact opposite: im saying this approach is better as it allows for more flexibility?...maybe, according to wikipedia, you´re not magiciand but sorcerers
while a sourcerer is a wizard squared (an eighth son of an eighth son of an eighth son) and is a "source of magic" who can create new spells and is immensely more powerful.

trix..thanks for noting it might sound harsh...i blame it on english!!! :-)

:-) (any better now?)
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I assumed that you were also praising them, I just wanted to clarify in case they got offended! :D
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
jiri

Post by jiri »

I didn't get offended, instead I rather added the event so that development of such a script could start in MM 2.5.2. :wink:

Jiri
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Excellent news. I have lots of scripts that are waiting for 2.5.2 now! :)
Bex

Post by Bex »

Jiri, Trixi!

Did this event ever make it into 2.5.2?

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, there is a currently undocumented "OnBeforeTracksMove" event:
Event OnBeforeTracksMove (ByVal Tracks As ISDBSongList, ByVal NewPaths As ISDBStringList, ByVal IsMove As Boolean)
I'd forgotten about this, I'll have a play.

@Devs: what does the IsMove represent exactly?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Cool Trixi,

Really looking forward to it!

Thanks!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
jiri

Post by jiri »

I'll try to upload the updated help soon. This method notifies script that Tracks will be moved to NewPaths (both lists have the same number of items). Move parameter specifies where this is a result of move/rename/auto-organize operation or a copy operation.

Jiri
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

@jiri - cheers for that!

@Bex - was this specifically CUE sheets that you wanted moving (in which case I'll add this method to Cue Reader) or were you after a more general script?
Bex

Post by Bex »

trixmoto wrote:@jiri - cheers for that!

@Bex - was this specifically CUE sheets that you wanted moving (in which case I'll add this method to Cue Reader) or were you after a more general script?
My wish is for cue sheets but i know other who wants it for all kinds of files! Perhaps make it configurable?

Thanks
/Bex

All My Scripts