Cue Reader 5.6 - Updated 20/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Styphelus

Re: Cue Reader 5.4 - Updated 08/01/2010

Post by Styphelus »

I can't get this to work either. I've tried it on my desktop and on my laptop and my desktop at work on both windows 7 64 and windows 7 32. Tried it with both Ape and Flac cue files.

When I open the cue file, it shows on the play now section. If I click it it turns grey and nothing happens. They work fine with foobar 2000.

In all cases it says cue reader is installed. Is something supposed to happen when i open a cue file? I'm completly cluelless on how this is supposed to work.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

What do you mean by "open the cue file"? Do you mean that you're playing the track which has a cue file?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SR427

Post by SR427 »

PhYrE wrote:Image

-M
I'm still getting this error message - has a workaround been developed? I haven't been able to figure it out from the last few pages of posts. I'd really like to get this to work as I seem to have more flac & cue files every day.

Thanks for the help.
Styphelus

Post by Styphelus »

trixmoto wrote:What do you mean by "open the cue file"? Do you mean that you're playing the track which has a cue file?
When I click on File > Open URL or File and select the cue file. It show's up bit when I click on it to play it it turns grey and nothing happens. If I open the flac file, it plays the flac file as if a cue file didn't exist so I can't select the tracks.

Am I doing something wrong?
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Yes, MM doesn't support cue files. For this reader script to kick in the cue file must be exactly the same name as the flac file, in the same folder, and then it shows an additional panel which allows you to see the cue information.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Post by Guest »

I understand that but on mine no additional panel ever shows. The file names are exactly the same and both file are in the same folder. The script never kicks in despite Media Monkey saying that it installed (under extensions).
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Have you been into the options panel to configure the script?
Styphelus

Post by Styphelus »

Yes I have but what's there to configure? I checked and unchecked a few settings just to test it out and same result. Nothing pops up when I try to play any of my albums that require a cue sheet.
Styphelus

Post by Styphelus »

It's ok...

Just found a new cue reader in the add-ons sections called cue tagger. THis one works

http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... ue-tagger/
AnnoyedMonkey

Post by AnnoyedMonkey »

Styphelus wrote:It's ok...

Just found a new cue reader in the add-ons sections called cue tagger. THis one works

http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... ue-tagger/
FALSE. It tags files from cue files. It DOES not do what "Cue Reader" does.

Perhaps Mr. Trix can update the "Cue Reader" and make it work.
gasthoerer

Post by gasthoerer »

@gast 99
Thanks. Your solution worked for me. I had the same error message.
I extracted the files CueReader.css and CueReader.vbs from the file CueReader54.mmip. The extracted file CueReader.vbs is not compiled and can be read with a regular text editor. I copied the two files along with CueReader.vbs.htm to c:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\. Now the script works.
The only drawback is that the script only works once I run MM4 as adminstrator.

Version info:
MM: 4.0.31476 Gold
CueReader: 5.4
gasthoerer

Post by gasthoerer »

Small correction to my above message: I moved all 3 files from c:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\ to c:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto\. Now the script works even without running MM as administrator.
PussyMalone

Post by PussyMalone »

Thanks gast99 and gasthoerer, your solutions worked for me. Until now i didn't switch from Mediamonkey 3 to 4 because cue-reader didn't work!

I don't understand why Mediamonkey doesn't support cue-files natively ... The developers of MM don't listen to classical music?
Anvh

Post by Anvh »

I'm getting the same error as SR427, so you aren't alone...
trixmoto

Re: Cue Reader 5.5 - Updated 07/07/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.5) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed installation package
- Fixed errors when HTML file cannot be created
- Fixed 'Path Not Found' errors
- Fixed form not closing properly when disabled