Cue Reader 5.6 - Updated 20/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

oldskool1992

Re: Cue Reader 5.5 - Updated 07/07/2012

Post by oldskool1992 »

Hey Trix, thanks for all the great work. I've got a question about the script though.

I use a portable install of MM4. Your script works fine in that the cue panel displays perfectly, highlights the correct track when changing to next etc. The problem is that when I click the track number it doesn't seek the relevant place in the file.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with security settings and allowing vbscript but I might be wrong - any ideas? All help appreciated!
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Hmmm, I've just tried this and it works fine for me. Do you get any ActiveX warnings at all?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
Stypehlus

Post by Stypehlus »

Thanks,

This works greats. I couldn't get 5.4 to work at all but thins one installed and worked right off the bat. Thanks a lot!
petermgates

Post by petermgates »

Just a note on this great script.

I was having lots of problems with "unknown command" errors and strange characters supposedly appearing in my CUE files.
After a bit of fiddling in notepad++ I found that converting the character encoding from UTF to ANSI or vice versa, the errors would stop.

I also found a method for doing this as a batch process here
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I have found a way to read UTF8 files now, although VBScript doesn't handle them natively. I just need to figure out if I can determine whether the file is UTF8 or ASCII now :)
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
hbrowser

Post by hbrowser »

trixmoto wrote: I just need to figure out if I can determine whether the file is UTF8 or ASCII now :)
I bumped into a problem with an UTF-8 file and found this small script that checks for unicode using the so-called "BOM marker" here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1410 ... code-files I included this check in the vbs but unfortunately it still does not read certain files "UTF-8 without BOM" correctly. Seems you have to use the ADODB.Stream instead to read those but that requires some additional recoding.

If you like I can send or post the modified script. I improved some other things too (at least i think so :) ) like an additional check for [filename+extension].cue and some column reordering and some css tweaks to make it really seamless in mediamonkey.
I wanted to post the modded script and css just for people to try out but read your topic "respect other peoples work" - which I do - just in time.. :oops:

Anyway another big thumbs up from a happy cuereader user. I am a programmer myself too - though I don't usually work with vbs - so I might be able to help out with things.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you, I've been looking to do something like this, but have also struggled with the lack of BOM markers. I'm still looking for a way to work out whether then file is UTF8 or not, so that I can read it appropriately.

Feel free to post your modified script so that other people can benefit from your work, you just need to make sure you say that it's a modified version of this script. I'll take a look and see what I can build back into the original script, with appropriate acknowledgement, of course :)
hbrowser

Post by hbrowser »

Allright, here it is.
http://www.mediafire.com/?bynwgbao4b14zxf
Files:
CueReader.vbs - MODIFIED vbs script <= !!
CueReader.css - modified css
bgheader.png - used in css and vbs
Silence 2004.flac.cue - offending cue file
FileToUnicode.exe - homemade .NET exe. explanation below
Program.cs - C# sourcecode for exe.

In case you are wondering what an .exe is doing in there, here's the story:
I still haven't found a way to detect unicode correctly in vbs. This article http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/172 ... going-Text looked promising, however I have no idea how to call the method IMultiLang2.DetectInputCodepage from vbs. Plus, when I checked the cue file, the chosen "best encoding" was still not the right one.

In the end I found that in .NET you can make the StreamReader test the encoding using the actual contents. That is where the exe comes in, it preprocesses all .cue files and creates a new CueReader.cue file with encoding Encoding.Unicode. This file then can be read in vbs and can handle any character correctly. (I hope.)

I commented this and also other changed bits in CueReader.vbs with '* so you can see the changes.
Now it's very late here so I'll leave it at this. To anyone trying it out: this code was tested pretty much only with the included .cue file and of course all other correct .cue files on my music drive. It seems to handle all files correctly now.. but use at your own risk. :wink:
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Thank you for posting this, I'll take a look when I get a chance.
mcow

Post by mcow »

"Be strict in what you emit, and flexible in what you accept" is a good rule to code by.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Um, thanks :-?
jj11

Post by jj11 »

i need help please i load an mp3 that contains the .cue and it prompts a ActiveX message saying " An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?" I Select Yes and it just disappears. What am i doing wrong, and how do I fix this issue? Please help anyone. Thanks.
jj11

Post by jj11 »

jj11 wrote:i need help please i load an mp3 that contains the .cue and it prompts a ActiveX message saying " An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?" I Select Yes and it just disappears. What am i doing wrong, and how do I fix this issue? Please help anyone. Thanks.

Nevermind i have solved the issue. I have my Advanced System Care Pro on Turbo mode and it has disabled some features enabling Active X i'm assuming. I'm going to disable my Turbo mode from disabling this and hopefully it will work from there.
cylon7

Post by cylon7 »

Does this script support lossless FLAC and APE files? That's mostly the file types that mostly use CUE.

When I play a FLAC file with a CUE file in the directory, I get the popup asking me to allow ActiveX, and the CUE popup briefly appears right above the playlist. But then it disappears and nothing happens.

This is the only thing keeping me from using MM as my sole audio player. I hope Ventis adds it as an official feature soon.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »