[REQ:] "Album Artist" in addtion to "Artist" [#10381 #19899]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jwhitworth

[REQ:] "Album Artist" in addtion to "Artist" [#10381 #19899]

Post by jwhitworth »

The title says it all.

As a browser for my music on my ASUS Infinity "MediaMonkey for Android" will be useless without the ability to browse the "Album Artist" and "Artist" fields independently. I searched this forum and only saw one mention of this type of feature. Hopefully it will be added.

Once I upgrade to MediaMonkey for Windows 4.1 I will checkout the ability to sync wirelessly. That would be very cool.
rovingcowboy

Re: REQ: "Album Artist" in addtion to "Artist"

Post by rovingcowboy »

There is an album section doesnt that do the same thing?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

No.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Oh okay was thinking all albums were one artist ones when i posted that. But realized my error after i posted it, but didnt remove the post because i hate that, when i get email notice of reply and come to look and its been removed. So i let you see how dumb of post i did. :oops:
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

No problem. Other music managers I have used on my tablet also do not let me browse by "Album Artist". In the Windows version I can easily do that and would want to be able to on my tablet.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

jwhitworth

Post by jwhitworth »

I would definitely prefer the later.

I want to have my cake and eat it too.

For some genres my "Artist" list is four time longer than my "Album Artist" list.

Navigating can be some much easier with the "Album Artist" list but sometimes it is necessary to have all "Artists" available for browsing.
jiri

Post by jiri »

So, if I understand correctly, you think that the current mixed Artist & AlbumArtist list isn't enough, you'd like to see only one of these? A general option for choosing which one is shown in the Artists view would be ok for this purpose?

Jiri
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Ideally the user could choose to show any of the 3 options for display (for example show an entry for Artists and an entry for Album Artists), but at the very least controlling what the current Artist entry shows through an Option would be very useful.
jru77

Re: REQ #10381: "Album Artist" in addtion to "Artist"

Post by jru77 »

Old thread, but would like to put in another vote for adding 'album artist' as an option
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Is important to me too.
+1
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
arthurb

Post by arthurb »

This, sorting by 'Album Artist', is of paramount interest to me; without it I am completely uninterested in MM on Android.

I should add that I would also like to see filters and libraries come along some time after the initial release as well, even though that will probably take some work (just what help do developers get from Android libraries/APIs?).

Can anyone say when the 'Album Artist' option may appear?
Dedi

Post by Dedi »

I miss this really too.

I dont want "Artists" listed unter "Artists and Album Artists". I want only "Album Artists", as my Library is completely build on that, and the "Artist" always include the feat. or on compilations. Entrys with one track are pretty annoying.

Same thing after Navigating through Genre.

For me, a global option to always use "Album Artist" instead of "Artist" would be the best solution.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

jwhitworth wrote:I would definitely prefer the later.

I want to have my cake and eat it too.

For some genres my "Artist" list is four time longer than my "Album Artist" list.

Navigating can be some much easier with the "Album Artist" list but sometimes it is necessary to have all "Artists" available for browsing.
I agree. There should just be a new *icon* for Album Artist. If I am looking for all album/tracks with Maynard Ferguson I want to see them all. But when I want just his albums I don't want to see all of Stan Kenton's albums.

An option might be to have an *icon* that lets you select which of the properties you want to work with ...
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Peke

Post by Peke »

Future Versions of MediaMonkey should have customizable Home Screen so you will be able to make choice what will be shown.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts