Scan media only picks up first track on albums

Moderator: Gurus

Oneness

Scan media only picks up first track on albums

Post by Oneness »

After scanning media, MediaMonkey only shows the first track on any compilation albums containing tracks by various artists.

All the metadata is in good condition with the key elements in place such as album, artist, title, album artist (Various Artists) etc.

Going into the desktop and navigating to the relevant folders shows that all the tracks on the album are present on the disc.

This issue doesn't occur on any albums by a single artist.

Frustrating - other than this the app is absolutely superb.
dtsig

Re: Scan media only picks up first track on albums

Post by dtsig »

I have never seen this but I don't run win8. What version of MMW are you running? Full version or 'metro'? What file types?
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Oneness

Post by Oneness »

Running Windows 8.1 with "Metro" app. (I also use the desktop version on a different computer, but that works fine with the same set of music files (stored on a windows 2012 server).

Files are .wav files.
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

Not familiar with the ui for the metro but is there an option to send a log? If there is a system menu then look there. If so then do your scan and send it in. That might help
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no debugging/logging options as Microsoft doesn't provide this in the Metro environment.
ChevaTomme

Post by ChevaTomme »

I have the same problem, even on albums with a single artist.
On some albums all tracks are picked up, and on some only the first track is visible in MM8.
This problem is so far only on a ASUS VivoTab Smart ME 400C with Windows 8

My music is mainly stored on a Netgear ReadyNAS Ultra 2.

I have one license ov MMW 4.x Gold that i run on a Alienware laptop with Windows 8.1 and it finds all tracks of all albums, i think.
I am also testing MM8 on the laptop and it seems to find all tracks, i made a test by copying some albums to a temporary folder and asking MM8 to search this folder and all tracks are visible in MM8.

When i first discovered the problems on the VivoTab was after a fresh install, testing the Wifi sync.
After that i, removed all tracks in MM8 and on disc in VivoTab, copied the same albums as i tested in MM8 on the Laptop to my music folder on the VivoTab and asking MM8 to scan the folder, same result, for some albums only the first track shows in MM8.

Then i uninstalled MM8, deleted the albums files and folders, upgraded the VivoTab to Windows 8.1, reinstalled MM8 and copied the same albums to the VivoTab and asked MM8 to scan the folder.
Same result, only the first track of some albums show in MM8.

Now its getting frustrating...

But, if i choose "Folders" in MM8, still on VivoTab, i can browse to the albums folders, see all the files and also play them.
So, the files themselves seems to be ok, MM8 is just not adding the tracks to the library, in either Wifi Sync or folder scan.

I also just installed MMA on a HTC One and tested to Wifi Sync a small playlist, including the same albums that was causing problems on the VivoTab and all tracks show in MMA.

Since the same tracks that not is showing in MM8 on the VivoTab is actually showing in MMW and MM8 on the laptop and also in MMA on the HTC it does not seem to be a problem with tags, more the combination of MM8 and a tablet (ASUS VivoTab in this case.)

I am planning to use the VivoTab in my car, for communicating with the fuel injection but also as a media center and MM8 should be perfect with its nice GUI but currently theese problems makes it impossible.

P.S.
I am restoring/rebuilding a 1966 Impala and show the progress on my blog at http://www.tomme.sethat is currently ranked #2 on a top 10 list of motor blogs in Sweden and i have about 1000-1200 visitors per month from many countries.
The usage of the VivoTab with MM8 will of course be shown on the blog as well. ;-)

Thanks
Tomme