Lyricator v1.5.5 (2022-11-25)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

kncuk1969

Re: Lyricator v1.5.2 (2021-07-15)

Post by kncuk1969 »

Lowlander

Both machines use Nvidia Quadro 1000M.

As stated the only difference between the 2 is that 1 is on Win 10 20H2 while the other is on 21H1 (tho 21H1 is a fresh install not upgrade).
gibbon

Re: Lyricator v1.5.3 Genius

Post by gibbon »

thehammer wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:13 pm Just tested with both the right click launch and the toolbar icon and Genius is still working fine for me.
As I said: It's no working here.
Other lyricator-sources work.

What I tried:
Getting a new fresh IP for the case of IP-blocking
Trying another internet-connection (Tethering mobile smartphone) for the case of provider-blocking
Install on a another PC for the case of windows-voodoo.

In lyricator you can see that genius tries all search-combinations but delivers no result.
Last edited by gibbon on Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
gibbon

Lyricator v1.5.3 - Attempt all artists

Post by gibbon »

Sometimes I want to include other search criteria than the artist, if the search for "artist-title" has no success. Sometimes searching for the composer or the lyricyst gives a result.

There is an option to attempt all artists separated by semicolon for search.
Which tag-fields does lyricator add for the search?
I noticed that it adds the composer-tagfield to the search list, if this option is activated.

I would like to use this option but it seems that it works in an not optimal way for my case.
The first case should always be to search for "artist-title", because this gives the best chance of correct lyrics. Not all artists use exactly the same lyrics as the lyricist wrote them.
So it would like to search all defined sources for "artist-title" first and if there is no success attempt all artists in a second attempt.
But this option works per source which means that better possible search results of outher sources will be irgnored in the case of success.

Is there any chance to make this option work like this without changing the option all the time:
First search all sources for "artist-title", then search all sources for "all artists"?
gibbon

Lyricator v1.5.3 - Several instances

Post by gibbon »

Is it possible to have more than 1 installation of the lyricator-script to choose between in Mediamonkey?
I would like to have the possibility to change the scripts in a few details and install more than 1 Lyricator installed.

Example:
Change artist in albumartist
Change artist in composer
Change artist in lyricist
gibbon

Post by gibbon »

@thehammer

Unfortunately, the Genius results have been causing problems for a few days.
HTML code is included in the text of the lyrics at the beginning.
Here's an example:
<h2 class="TextLabel-sc-8kw9oj-0 Lyrics__Title-sc-1ynbvzw-0 hHEDka" font-weight="light">Shadow Man Lyrics
In the Lyricator's display, this leads to a bold and capitalized search result, and in the lyrics to the messed-up text.

It would be nice if you could fix that.
pheb62

Post by pheb62 »

MM v4 does no longer work on my windows 10 since end of last year, I had to update to MM v5 which is a nightmare of a UI.
Moreover, old plugins no longer work with v5.

Has anyone a clue as to why MM v4 crashes upon startup?

I'd rather go back to v4 than to continue using v5 - if I could get it to run again.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I would first see if you can find your MM.DB file and take a copy. In my setup it is located C:\Users\ianrt\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey. If you have a backup and can "put this back" then you should get most of the data back e.g. last played, play count etc.

I would then uninstall Media Monkey Windows 4, install DebugView and then install Media Monkey Windows 4 Debug version in a "new folder" e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 4 Debug.

You will then run DebugView just before starting MMW4 Debug and should get some indication of what the problem is. However, you may also find that this new installation works. In this case you can "recover" your backed up MM.DB library file.

At this stage I would not install any new skins or addons. Do this after you have MMW4Debug running for a few days.

The following links might help:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysint ... /debugview

https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/

https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... -are-lost/
Ian Taylor
pheb62

Post by pheb62 »

Thank you, I will try that when I find some time.
I will report my success (or failure).

Pete
Peke

Post by Peke »

pheb62 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:16 am Has anyone a clue as to why MM v4 crashes upon startup?
There could be multiple issues, can you check if Windows falsely put it into Virtual Store folder C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ (Do not just delete it as it diverts MM.DB also, just move it outside that folder and start MM again) ?

Re Virtual Store Behavior:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previo ... dfrom=MSDN
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
pheb62

Post by pheb62 »

I haven't got the time yet to check it again.
All I can say is that after working flawlessly for years, suddenly upon startup, I see the library as usual, it starts scanning two folders where new files could come in, and while the progress bar is displayed, bang. I don't have the error message at hand, but it's some "error at (some hex address)".
The only thing that MIGHT have changed between the time it started crashing and the last time it worked ok is some windows update happening.
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

gibbon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:17 am @thehammer

Unfortunately, the Genius results have been causing problems for a few days.
HTML code is included in the text of the lyrics at the beginning.
Here's an example:
<h2 class="TextLabel-sc-8kw9oj-0 Lyrics__Title-sc-1ynbvzw-0 hHEDka" font-weight="light">Shadow Man Lyrics
In the Lyricator's display, this leads to a bold and capitalized search result, and in the lyrics to the messed-up text.

It would be nice if you could fix that.
Sorry, for some reason I don't get any Forum notifications anymore. I just popped on here because I just noticed the Genius lyrics having the <h2> at the beginning and needed to do a bunch of lyrics updates so I fixed this in version 1.5.4. I'm going to try to get this pushed up to happymonkeying.com soon.
ImageSpoon!
thehammer

Re: Lyricator v1.5.3

Post by thehammer »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:51 pm Just checked my library.

Last pulled lyrics from Genius.com for files with a timestamp of 14Sep2021 - an Album freshly downloaded earlier the same month.

So, it seems to be working here using Windows 10 Pro 21H1 Build 19043 1237.

Sometimes the add-on "hesitates" and does not populate its pop-up screen properly. Normally corrects itself if I run again a few moments later.

I also feel the add-on runs better from a Collection - particularly if selecting 100s to a few thousand tracks.
I too have noticed this now that i had over 3k of my lyrics corrupted and have to reload them :( It appears to be a timing issue of some sort where the page loads before loading the .css and .js files. seeing as they are all local files, i'm not sure why this would ever be an issue. though having the plugin now running in Edge instead of IE could have something to do with it.
ImageSpoon!
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

thehammer wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:12 pm I too have noticed this now that i had over 3k of my lyrics corrupted and have to reload them :( It appears to be a timing issue of some sort where the page loads before loading the .css and .js files. seeing as they are all local files, i'm not sure why this would ever be an issue. though having the plugin now running in Edge instead of IE could have something to do with it.
I am not certain if this helps, but when the display is not quite right I close Lyricator then right click Auto-Tag from Web. Close this and re-run Lyricator. Normally this Lyricator display is then correct.

Thanks for updating, hope to download soon.
Ian Taylor
thehammer

Post by thehammer »

IanRTaylorUK wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:30 am
thehammer wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:12 pm I too have noticed this now that i had over 3k of my lyrics corrupted and have to reload them :( It appears to be a timing issue of some sort where the page loads before loading the .css and .js files. seeing as they are all local files, i'm not sure why this would ever be an issue. though having the plugin now running in Edge instead of IE could have something to do with it.
I am not certain if this helps, but when the display is not quite right I close Lyricator then right click Auto-Tag from Web. Close this and re-run Lyricator. Normally this Lyricator display is then correct.

Thanks for updating, hope to download soon.
I can usually get it to correctly load just by right clicking the highlighted tracks and running Lyricator again without even closing the bad popup window.
ImageSpoon!
gibbon

Lyricator v1.5.4 (2022-02-21)

Post by gibbon »

Lyricator still uses LyricsWikia and Songcoleta as source.

Lyricswikia is gone since 2 years and does not exist anymore.
Songcoleta does not seem to exist either anymore.