LinkedTracks v1.1.1 [MM2+3+4] (TSFKA TiedSongsGroups)

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Jack05

LinkedTracks v1.1.1 and version 5

Post by Jack05 »

Looks like the ability to link tracks has not been migrated to VERSION 5. I have been using MusicMonkey versions for many years now and found it was the only software to handle playing linked tracks due to extension feature using addons. This is indispensable for playing classical music correctly. My library has been tagged for many years now. Is this feature going to be migrated to VERSION 5? Please, please...
mwg47x

Re: LinkedTracks v1.1.1 [MM2+3+4] (TSFKA TiedSongsGroups)

Post by mwg47x »

Has anyone found a way to get this working in MM5?
If not, does anyone know of other software that has this type of functionality built in?
Roon?
JRMC?
Others?
I hate to move to another application but if that is the only way to get this type of functionality, I guess I will have to do it.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
For now MM5 support syncing playlist with Spotify and Deezer and we are working on sync with paid accounts.

Roon and JRMC (jRiver Media Center) are proprietary services and specific plugin needs to be made for MM.

Re JRMC API I can find https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DevZone whick refers to JRMC remote control eg. pay for JRMC and third party needs to just control it not replace it and for ROON I only see https://github.com/RoonLabs/node-roon-api and from what I see no development past 2 years https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-api-update/216639 also that is more for MMS than MM5 as it is based on Node.JS like MMS.

I wish you luck finding app and if you do please let us know I am really curious how it was solved legally by some other developer.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

I think you're misunderstanding what I meant.
That's my fault for not being very clear.

What I am talking about is the ability to Link Tracks.
The old LinkedTracks add-on in MM4 allowed me to "Link" songs together.

For example:
I have a Random Auto Playlist with several thousand songs in it.
Say my playlist started playing Journey's "Feeling That Way" off their Infinity album.
After that song finished, it would play "Anytime" off the same album next because those two songs were Linked.
It wouldn't matter what was actually next up in the playlist.
It would play that linked song next and then go back to parsing the playlist normally.

Conversely, if it started playing "Anytime" first, it would just skip that song and continue parsing the playlist normally since that song was linked second.

It's indispensable as far as I'm concerned and I can only imagine how helpful it is to listeners of Classical music.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Ahh, in that case then this plugin needs to be rewritten to support MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mwg47x

Post by mwg47x »

I have sent Steegy a PM and am hoping for a response.
I kind of doubt it though...I sent a PM about this last year in December and never got a response.

How hard is it to script something like this?
I have very little scripting knowledge but I am wondering if a beginner could do something like this and make it workable.
Thoughts?

Another question is:
What changed in MM5 that would have caused this existing script to no longer work?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think Steegy has been around for years.

MediaMonkey 5 is a full rewrite and it ditched the old Windows only VBScript and instead went with modern cross-platform methods. This unfortunately does mean that MediaMonkey 4 and older Addons don't work, but will allow MediaMonkey 5 Addons to work on other platforms than Windows in the future.