Beta Testing for Mac MM

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

lobengular

Any MM Mac Update?

Post by lobengular »

Any MM Mac Update?
Lowlander

Re: Beta Testing for Mac MM

Post by Lowlander »

The current focus is getting the bugs ironed out of MediaMonkey 5 and MediaMonkey for Android 2.0.
lobengular

Post by lobengular »

Of course, there is always a current focus. I've heard this over and over again for more than 6 years. Nobody wants to tie you to something you don't wanna do until the competition wakes up and then it goes higgledy-piggledy. Just be frank and say it just like most companies do sincerely, that Mac MM will never be made.
Most probably you need a market survey in areas that do use Mac as compared to the rest of the world to see how much market there is. But well, that music is ... I wish you could change it. I say that because I started using MM Windows the moment it first came to the market and then I changed to the OSX platform some years after.
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:51 am The current focus is getting the bugs ironed out of MediaMonkey 5 and MediaMonkey for Android 2.0.
So give me MMA2 and I will be happy, no matter if it's beta or gold :D
rusty

Post by rusty »

Just an fyi, our focus _is_ on MMW5, but we're also slowly moving forward on MMM5. In fact we've recently compiled it with some functionality working (windows management/db access/playback). So at this point I wouldn't say that we're not working on it--just dedicated fewer resources to it ;-)

-Rusty
ABramley

MM for Mac

Post by ABramley »

Hi everyone!

I've been a happy MM user since at least V4, but a few years ago I switched from PC to Mac.

I know that there were plans to launch on mac once MM5 was out on Windows. It looks like we're close!

I was just wondering if there was any kind of timeline that would let me get excited about using MM on mac to sync with MM Android and my Sony MP3 player. At the moment I have to restart in bootcamp to make changes.

Anything that I could do as an interim step?

Keep up the good work everyone! Loving 5 on windows when I do go there!
MAC-man

Mac version of Mediamonkey

Post by MAC-man »

Hello, will there ever be a Mac version of Mediamonkey for Mac IOS?

Tony
Last edited by Lowlander on Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged
dtsig

Post by dtsig »

have you even ready any of this thread??
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Peke

Re: MM for Mac

Post by Peke »

ABramley wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:59 am I was just wondering if there was any kind of timeline that would let me get excited about using MM on mac
No, we tend to not build too much hype before there is actual physical evidence we can provide.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
ABramley

Post by ABramley »

Fair enough - regarding reading the post, new posts often get merged into this one, so despite an amount of searching it didn't come up.
sharmasatbir069

Post by sharmasatbir069 »

I'm wondering, since the majority of MediaMonkey 5's codebase is in HTML and JavaScript, it wouldn't be too difficult to make ports for Linux and MacOS, right? uc browser turbo jio login
Last edited by sharmasatbir069 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You are absolutely right, with small correction. UI codebase is in HTML and JavaScript, core is still in Delphi and others where Delphi is not sufficient.

Now after 5+ official years on MM5 developing and porting all from start it is not too difficult to make ports for Linux and MacOS, but it still needs a lot of work, which is ongoing constantly.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
abezza

Post by abezza »

Hello all, I just wanted to chime in and say hi, appreciate patience will be required for a mac version of media monkey.

I have been a longer term Windows user for 27yrs and have recently jumped to a new M1 macbook pro. I have used Media monkey for 14 years, it is the only app I miss from windows. It remains after all these years to be the best media manager out there by a long shot.

So +1 user who will be quite happy when a mac version eventually lands. If you need hand with beta testing I'd be to help out once a mac version has matured for testing purposes.
Abezza
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

rusty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 am Just an fyi, our focus _is_ on MMW5, but we're also slowly moving forward on MMM5.
So, this doesn't necessarily imply that I can run it on an iPad, too, correct?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, this will be designed for MAC OS, not iOS.