Beta Testing for Mac MM

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Blackcat12

Re: Beta Testing for Mac MM

Post by Blackcat12 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:50 am No, this will be designed for MAC OS, not iOS.
+1 for an IOS release of MM. I used the android version along with mmw until I switched to iPhone.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Zonky wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:49 am
rusty wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 am Just an fyi, our focus _is_ on MMW5, but we're also slowly moving forward on MMM5.
So, this doesn't necessarily imply that I can run it on an iPad, too, correct?
iOS is completely different story from MAC OS, apps use completely different Architecture and must be developed separately. Here we are talking about MM Mac OS version. Details around iOS developing would leave aside for now as they are completely not so beautiful story.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
lobengular

Post by lobengular »

I am confused. Does your post mean you have finally started the Mac OS version of MediaMonkey? When Can I download it to support you in the testing process? I've been waiting for this for years!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Internally there is a MAC OS version, but it isn't ready for a release for testing.
VanKasabian

Post by VanKasabian »

Hello,

MM5 is really nice on Windows and I hope the macOS versions will be working on older macOS versions, at least with macOS Sierra (10.12) or macOS High Sierra (10.13) ! Will it ?

Wish you the best and thank you for all the work you are doing with this amazing software ! <3
TheTchief

Beta Testing for Mac MM

Post by TheTchief »

Hello,

As soon as a version of MediaMonkey for Mac is ready for beta testing, I will be happy to participate in the tests!

Thank you!
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Yes, it should work on OSX v10.12.
VanKasabian wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:46 am Hello,

MM5 is really nice on Windows and I hope the macOS versions will be working on older macOS versions, at least with macOS Sierra (10.12) or macOS High Sierra (10.13) ! Will it ?

Wish you the best and thank you for all the work you are doing with this amazing software ! <3
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
sifavid

Post by sifavid »

I've been a happy MM user since at least V4, but a few years ago I switched from PC to Mac. I know that there were plans to launch on mac once MM5 was out on Windows.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's still in development.
snowleopard

Post by snowleopard »

While I get the need for a MacOS version of MM5 and potentially IOS, I don't understand it. I have a Macbook so I can keep up with how to help our Mac users at work, but Mac's have limited ram, and very limited storage, I mean my flac library would not fit on a macbook unless I go to the apple store and spend half a millions dollars for an apple version of a 4TB fusion drive or nVME drive upgrade that is so easy on my pc.

Then Apple has all its proprietary formats like AFlac that no one else other than Apple in the world uses. and when it comes to Iphones, my Android phone has a 1TB memory card in it primarily for music files. If I was using an Iphone, I would have to keep adding files, then dumping them to free space and then put new files on the phone every time I wanted new music. IDK. Just does not make sense really.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There are no plans for an iOS version of MediaMonkey, just MacOS. There are plenty of MacOS devices with more storage and besides local storage you can use external storage or a NAS.
abezza

Post by abezza »

Lowlander wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:02 pm There are no plans for an iOS version of MediaMonkey, just MacOS. There are plenty of MacOS devices with more storage.
Yes agree, I have 2Tb MacBook Pro. But it is not about size it is about being to truly take control of your library and manage it the way you want…

I am a former windows user who switched to a m1 Max MacBook Pro and would like to see the best media archive management software available on that platform which happens to be media Monkey.

With more windows users transitioning to Macs the demand will be there for a Mac version of Mediamonkey.
Abezza
tarasis

Post by tarasis »

Lowlander wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:32 pm Internally there is a MAC OS version, but it isn't ready for a release for testing.
That's at least good news! Waiting patiently for MM5 for macOS.
Fram

Post by Fram »

The only apps I miss from Windows are MM and Mp3Tag.
Mp3tag has been porting to Mac for a while now and I hope you guys will do it so soon. I am also interested in beta testing.
Do you have an approximate date?

I forgot to ask, MM currently works on Winery/Crossover on macOS?
debu

Post by debu »

Is this still happening? Someone mentioned it might be coming and after many many years on Mac this is the app I miss.