Multiple Albums With Same Artwork?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

razman10

Multiple Albums With Same Artwork?

Post by razman10 »

Recently I started syncing via WiFi from MMW to MMA (64GB SD Card on my Samsung Galaxy S8+) - around 10,000 songs are being synced. For reference, I am very meticulous when it comes to my music organization; I am a mobile DJ and all the files on MMW are correctly tagged and all the album art is correct. When the files get transferred, in MMA I see that multiple albums (not all) have the same artwork - to say many albums are affected is an understatement. I tried manually updating the artwork to some albums in MMW then re-synced and noticed that the artwork that belongs to the last album that gets transferred now becomes the artwork that is used for the multiple albums.

Here's the interesting thing. If I open the Samsung Music app, all of the artwork is correct! What am I doing wrong with MMA that would cause multiple albums to show the same artwork?
Lowlander

Re: Multiple Albums With Same Artwork?

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MMA and MMW? Are the files on different Albums (as seen by MMW) as MMA will only have 1 Artwork per Album.
razman10

Post by razman10 »

I have MMW 4.1.1.1700 and MMA 1.3.1.0751. Yes, they are all on their own albums in different folders; each album is coded with its own artwork. In MMW the correct artwork appears, but in MMA, the correct artwork does not appear. Below are a couple of screenshots of one of my playlists - one of MMA and one of the same playlist in Samsung Music. All of these tracks belong in separate albums and have their own art but in MMA they all appear to have the same artwork. Any ideas?

https://imgsafe.org/image/a8ee84062a
https://imgsafe.org/image/a8eea4ac79
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Current version of MMW is 4.1.21. So I suggest to update as many sync bugs have been fixed since.
razman10

Post by razman10 »

I figured out the issue. I didn't have the "Sync all artwork to file folders" option checked when syncing. Instead, I had "Copy artwork to file tags" selected. The songs with incorrect artwork were in folders with no album art present; that was the giveaway for me. I fixed that then re-synced and all is well.

But that raises another question: since the artwork was copied to the file tags, why did MMA not pick them up there? If there is no art in the folder, should it not look at the file tag for an embedded art file before it picks up the default?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MMA relies on MMW to get tag info (when syncing MMW > MMA) and relies on Android Media Scanner when files aren't synced to MMA directly (not using MMW to sync or sync from MMW to SD card directly instead of card in device).

And as said, using an old version you could easily be dealing with issues that have been addressed already.
fillippe

Post by fillippe »

I had this problem. I use MMW5 and MMA 1.4 and MMA Pro.
I sorted all album art it on my PC in Mediamonkey by saving the tag to file and actively finding unfound art using the artwork tab in the properties section.
This did not mirror correctly in MMA.
This worked for me:
1. Delete all tracks and playlists from within MMA.
2. Delete data from Android settings/apps for MMA and MMA Pro.
3. Re-sync over wi-fi.
4. All is good.