MMA PRO only plays one song when casting to DLNA device [#16560][#15573]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

henri.pellemans

MMA PRO only plays one song when casting to DLNA device [#16560][#15573]

Post by henri.pellemans »

I have the following problem with MMA Pro: If I cast music from my Nokia 6.1 phone to my KEF X300A wireless speakers (= DLNA device), MMA only plays one song and then stops playing.

After reinstalling MMA sometimes MMA plays the next songs for about half an hour and then stops playing. This only happens one time. When I press the play button again, MMA only plays one song. In other words, MMA does not play the next song(s). I reinstalled several times and also cleaned cache.

A few months ago I did NOT have this issue! Perhaps there has been a MMA update? As the Nokia 6.1 has Android One, there has been an update from Android 8 to Android 9.

If I play from MMA Pro to a bluetooth device, this issue does not happen.

To be sure it's a MMA Pro issue I can tell you, there are NO problems in the following situations:
- casting music from my Nokia Lumia 1520 (Windows 10 Mobile) with "Lumia Play to" to KEF X300A wireless
- casting music from my Nokia Lumia 1020 (Windows 8 Phone) with "Lumia Play to" to KEF X300A wireless
- casting music from my Nokia 6.1 (Android 9) with the free Hi-Fi Cast app to KEF X300A wireless

Hi-Fi Cast plays for hours, even if the Nokia 6.1 goes into the "sleeping mode" (after half an hour). I have not tested this yet with MMA (as MMA stops after one song when casting to the KEF).

I absolutely prefer MMA Pro above Hi-Fi Cast. However, it is frustrating to only play one song, knowing in the past this issue did NOT occur.

Can you solve this issue?
Jsiegerman

Re: MMA PRO only plays one song when casting to DLNA device

Post by Jsiegerman »

I have the same issue casting from MMS pro to a Bose Soundtouch. Only difference from the OP is that mine never plays more than one song when casting. Works fine with Bluetooth.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When Music Stops After First track please send us LOG from ⋮ -> About MediaMonkey -> Send Logs and write down here LOG ID before you send it so that we can check why it stopped.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
henri.pellemans

I just sent a log:
Log ID = ISSLXCA13I
Description: Media monkey stops playing after one song when casting to KEF X300A wireless
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
there are several fixes in the beta build. Can you become a beta tester via "Register for test builds" in About MediaMonkey dialog to get the newest beta build?
If the issue also persists in beta, let me know and send me a debug log again from this build.
Thanks
henri.pellemans

I just registered for test builds.
henri.pellemans

Installed the 2019 (beta) version of MMA. Problem is still there. LOG ID = CAX8GCMQES
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Many thanks,
the issue is tracked at http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15573
I am going to create a new build 851 with a possible fix. Please let me know whether the issue will persist.
Regardless please send me log also from the new build.
Thanks.
henri.pellemans

Thank you for taking this issue seriously. Will MMA update automatically to build 851?

Best regards,

Henri
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If you're registered for betas and have auto-updating in the Play store it will update automatically to the new beta build once released.
henri.pellemans

The issue is still there with version 851. After a clean install sometimes MMA plays more than one song (but no more than five or six). I have installed the beta version (851) with PRO license on my Nokia 6.1

On a new Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018) I have the same issues with the free version of 851.

I will send the today's log from Nokia 6.1 with ID = LEMP44TAWY

As said before, the app Hi-Fi Cast has no problems when casting to my DLNA device, not with the free version neither with the paid version. The paid version of Hi-Fi cast however is so buggy that I uninstalled it almost immediately.

MMA is the best Android player for me, except for the issue I mentioned.
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

Hi,
I have checked your log, unfortunately, it does not contain info when the playback stops.
The log contains about 1-minute records, but the song is already stopped from the beginning.
Please send me a log again immediately(<1 minute) when playback stops to see why it was stopped.
Thanks.
henri.pellemans

I've just sent a new log: ID 5PH44RL86X (within 1 minute after the song ended), one song fully played, then it stopped.

And another one: ID 4HBDE7X99R, one song fastforward to end, then it stopped.
g9ujab

Playback stops after each song while casting

Post by g9ujab »

Log ID: DTY8YSILRX
Description: MM casting from my Samsung Galaxy S8 will only play one track at a time from an album. When one song ends, MM returns to a paused state. Skipping forward to the next song will allow me to play it, but playback always stops at the end of each song. I am casting to Grace Digital Primo UPNP device. The same issue arises when casting from my MM library on Windows 10. Using the (inferior) Grace Digital client app works fine for casting from MM for Windows, but in other respects the MM app is a much better app.
Noirceuil

Post by Noirceuil »

After a year of waiting for a resolution to this issue, I found a work-around. I use Hi-Fi Cast for casting and MMA for everything else. Okay, so not the ideal solution, admittedly, but it has now been 16 months, MMA still only casts one song, there seems to be no particular urgency in a fix so Hi-Fi Cast it is for the foreseeable future.