Randomize List on Load Playlist option

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

Ryche

Randomize List on Load Playlist option

Post by Ryche »

Hi,

My apologies if this is a duplicate request....

In a future MMW release, I wouldn't mind seeing the option to "pre-randomize" a loaded playlist. For me, I almost never use the default order of the songs on my playlists. The lists are simply songs I like, but they don't need to be in a set order.

The way my MMW is set up (unsure if there is a setting for this or not) - once I select List->Load Playlist-> <Selected Playlist>, it populates the Now Playing window with the selected playlist in the default order (which appears to be a Primary Sort on Genre, with a Secondary Sort on Title. From there I stop/pause the playing, and select Now Playing->Edit->Randomize List at least once.

IMO, having the option to import the playlist to "Now Playing" in a randomized order would be great.

Thanks for the consideration!
Lowlander

Re: Randomize List on Load Playlist option

Post by Lowlander »

If it's an AutoPlaylist you can set it to sort Randomized instead of any other order, so that each time you call the AutoPlaylist it presents the files in a random order.
Peke

Post by Peke »

In addition to above you can create one Auto-Playlist which criteria would point to another playlist and then Set sort as Randomize which will on each Load/Refresh(F5) be randomized while Original Playlist will be sorted as you wish.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ryche

Post by Ryche »

Thanks for the responses... I haven't looked at the Auto-Playlist feature before, so that has potential for what I want. A couple questions.

1) Is there a way to exclude something from the search? For example, I have one playlist that has everything (all genres). But lets say I wanted to exclude showtunes and holiday music... would I be able to type something such as "Not Holiday" or "- Show" for the Auto Playlist search? Or is it a "positive" field only, where the value will be included.
2) I have MMW basic, and looking at the fields for the new Auto-playlist, I'm not seeing how to direct the Auto Playlist to an existing playlist. Is that possible on basic, or do I need to be gold for that? This would be the ideal solution - I'm just not seeing where to set the Auto-Playlist criteria as a pre-existing playlist.
3) In setting up an Auto Playlist, what delimiter is used for multiple parameters? As an example, if I've got multiple genres of rock (such as Rock, Metal, Classic Rock, etc...), and I want all the rock styles/genres included, how would I add that to the auto-playlist criteria?

Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) Yes, Criteria can be inclusive or exclusive.
2) AutoPlaylists is a Gold feature.
3) You select them from an available list of Genres.
shemantis

Post by shemantis »

My auto-playlist is set to Sort by: Random, but when I Refresh via clicking another playlist and returning *or* via F5/the View menu, the playlist track order remains the same. Am I missing something...? Thank you!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which version of MediaMonkey (Help > About) are you using?