freedb

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

ctbarker32

freedb

Post by ctbarker32 »

Could "alternate" freedb servers be added to current shipping MediaMonkey like MP3Tags has done?

Mp3tag v3.02
Support for alternative freedb servers
The current operator of the public freedb servers announced to stop its services as of March 31, 2020. I've now added alternative freedb servers to Mp3tag, so that the freedb feature should be working again. Furthermore, I've added support for the web-based search of gnudb.org.

If you're unsure about data quality from freedb or can't find newest using one of the alternative servers, I can only recommend to use MusicBrainz. It's a high-quality alternative to freedb and is officially supported by Mp3tag.

Further changes
Lowlander

Re: freedb

Post by Lowlander »

That's always been possible under Tools > Options > Network.

The latest release comes with an alternative hosted by MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=8811 Do note that these are no longer updated, so any new content won't be available. The alternative is MusicBrainz which is being maintained.
ctbarker32

Post by ctbarker32 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:40 pm That's always been possible under Tools > Options > Network.

The latest release comes with an alternative hosted by MediaMonkey: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... f=3&t=8811 Do note that these are no longer updated, so any new content won't be available. The alternative is MusicBrainz which is being maintained.
Well if MusicBrainz is being maintained, they're doing a poor job. I installed but I am getting script errors about a missing "vbs" file. I checked the appdata directory and the vbs file it is looking for doesn't even exist? How do I get the scrpts working again?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you may be using an Addon, otherwise try reinstalling MediaMonkey. What does the error state exactly?