Support files PDF

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

josele80

Support files PDF

Post by josele80 »

My music library consists of some downloaded mp3s but, mostly, it's mp3s ripped from my CDs. The tracks are kept in separate folders named after the CD they were ripped from. Each folder has a unique disk number and also includes an image archivos PDF of all of the CD jacket from the original CD (Media Monkey has no problem accessing and listing my music from that setup). I'm currently updating the tags in my mp3s to include the disk number to enable finding the original folder (not as big a project as one may think since I can do a mass edit on entire albums). Is there an easy way I can link to that PDF directly from each track listing in Media Monkey Monkey? I wouldn't expect Media Monkey to actually open the PDF (PDF files are already associated with Adobe Acrobat).
Lowlander

Re: Support files PDF

Post by Lowlander »

No, MediaMonkey can't link (add a reference to either file or database) to PDF files.
josele80

Post by josele80 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:31 pm No, MediaMonkey can't link (add a reference to either file or database) to PDF files.
Thank you very much for the answer, I will look for another way to do it, I know it is a complicated task but I have proposed to do it and in some way I will surely succeed, once again I thank you
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If PDF contain Images I would suggest that you export those images (or at least front cover) to common Image format and then use it to tag files.

Even MM would be able to assign image from PDF no other app or device would be capable to show them. As we know none of metadata formats allow pdf as album art.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts