Playback continues muted on Android

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

P. Ham

Re: Playback continues muted on Android

Post by P. Ham »

Just confirming that I also have the no sound on next song issue with Pixel 6 (not Pro). I just switched to the beta from the Play Store but issue still remains. Turning off audio transitions seems to be the fix so far.
Number12withEggroll

Post by Number12withEggroll »

Same problem here. 0% problem on my Pixel 3a, never happened. 100% problem on the Pixel 6a which I got yesterday - every time. YouTube Music plays song after song on the 6a without any problem.

Turned off transitions (they were on), and ensured that no casting was happening. After that change, MMA is back to working properly...so far.

Just in case, I sent [b]Log ID: 7LBP3NWEFD[/b]. Am hoping that I'll be fine now, but gather from previous posts that the problem can reoccur even with those settings. Don't want YouTube Music - I want my Monkey.
tothebeat

Post by tothebeat »

Pixel 6 here. Same issue with muted tracks. Turning transitions off does prevent the muted track problem, but it still adds a gap between tracks which isn't great if you're listening to a live show, a continuous mix, or anything that carries music over from one track to the next.

Overall, a fix needs to be made.
Pedro675

Post by Pedro675 »

dpmanthei wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:56 pm Exact same here. Was happening on Pixel 3, upgraded to Pixel 6 Pro, same or worse than before. Nearly every automatic song advance plays muted, but skip or back will always play a song with audio. Happens just as much with internal speaker as it does over Bluetooth.

I suspect a permissions bug. When we press buttons that's the user initiating playback. When the song advances on its own that's the player...maybe crossfade plays a role too?

Edit: I might have actually got somewhere. I turned off audio transitions entirely and changed the playback notifications to "System". It was failing me nearly 100% of the time but now it has worked a couple times. We'll see.
Thank you dpmanthei!!!! My newly purchased Pixel 6 (And 7) were experiencing this exact problem on Pioneer car receiver FH-S700BS .

I also turned off "Audio Transitions" and changed notifications to "System". Problem gone!
JCuss

Post by JCuss »

This recently started happening on my Pixel 7 (not Pro) phone. It was working fine, then about a month ago an OS update came down and it started happening. MMA will play and then suddenly the next song has no audio. I push Previous to go back to the beginning of the song and I have audio. Imagine a 2 hour drive manually returning the beginning of each song to get audio!

Gapless playback is a must for me, I listen to a LOT of live music. This issue occurs with MP3 and FLAC files (the two file types I listen to). At this point, since i haven't seen a reliable fix here, it's time to check out some other players and see if it happens.
rusty

Post by rusty »

This is fixed in MMA 2 beta build 1070--expected to be released very soon.

To test out MMA 2 beta builds, in MMA, tap Options | About | Register for test builds. Once you're registered, then your next update will be to the MMA beta build! To trigger the update right away, go to MediaMonkey in the Play store and click 'Update'.

-Rusty