Remove Error Files

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

jochen69

Remove Error Files

Post by jochen69 »

I´am using 4.1.30.1914

I need a function to remove a few thousend files, that is the scanning listening in protokoll with 'Error during scanning of file....'. This files are not readable anymore and can be delete, but to do that in a few hundred folders manually will be very straneous.

So i need a possibillity to have an option to let delete files during scanning, when a special error is recognizing.
Peke

Re: Remove Error Files

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried to Use dMusic -> Files to Edit -> Dead links?

Also if you scan previously scanned folder you should get prompt to delete files that are not accessible anymore.

Otherwise I am not sure what you exactly meant with:
jochen69 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:04 am scanning listening in protokoll with 'Error during scanning of file....'.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jochen69

Post by jochen69 »

Dead links are not the problem.

There ist a bug in WIN, when you copy FLAC files with USB-Devices, that WIN damage some files in unknown circumstances. Because i wondering about some files in folders with a lot of FLAC files and a few are not readable by MM.

Example:
Fehler beim Scannen der Datei V:\_transit\Sonstiges\to_tag\Die Paldauer - Pures Glück (1999)\09-DIE PALDAUER - Pures Glück5.flac.flac - Problem beim Lesen der Dateieigenschaften
Error scanning the file ... Problem reading file properties

I have about over 2.300 such kind of FLAC-files in a lot of folders. If MM cannot read file properties, it make no sense to keep that demage music files. You also cannot open the files with another program.

On harddisk the files shows normal. Name, filesize ...

To delete them manually well be exhausting.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Open support ticket and send us DL link to few of them. I hope they will not be readable for us also.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts