What are your addon Must-Haves?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

BionicRooster

Re: What are your addon Must-Haves?

Post by BionicRooster »

I will not move off of MM4 until the following addons are updated to MM5 or replaced by similar functionality.
Advanced Duplicate Find and Fix
MonkeyRok
RegExp Find and Replace
Lyricator
Last.fm Scrobbler
Case and Leading Zero Checker
AutoRateAccurate

Who had the genius idea of "Let's make all of these wonderful addons incompatible and release the new version before they can be updated to our new platform!"
As a lifetime subscriber, I am pissed off.
“Heart disease is a foodborne illness." Caldwell Esselstyn MD
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The reason they're incompatible is that MediaMonkey 5 moved to modern cross-platform technologies, while MediaMonkey 4 and older rely on outdated Microsoft only solutions. It's never fun to leave the old behind, but it was a necessary thing to be able to move into the future and keep up-to-date with new versions of Windows and other OS's as well.
MediaMonkey 5 has also been a long time in development giving anyone the chance to update Addons or create new ones for MediaMonkey 5 if they wished to do so. It will take time for new developers to create Addons for MediaMonkey 5, just like the MediaMonkey 4 and older Addons didn't happen overnight.

However change like this is never fun if you're that invested into something. So to accommodate user, MediaMonkey 4 & 5 can run alongside each other and a MediaMonkey 5 License is valid for MediaMonkey 4 too.
Clouseau

Post by Clouseau »

For me, here are my MM4 functionality plugins needed before moving to MM5:

...used Daily
  • TweakMonkey by The MediaMonkey Community
  • Automatic Track Numbering (AutoIncTrackNumbers by ???)
  • Automatic Case check/fix (TitleCase.vbs by Risser)
  • Custom Fields Tagger (CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3 by Steegy)
  • Move Files (MoveFiles 1.1.J by trixmoto)
  • Tag from Text File (TagsFromTagList by ???)

...used Occasionally:
  • Switch or Copy Fields (SwitchOrCopyFields v1.0 by Steegy aka RC & ExtractFields v0.1.4 by Steegy)
  • Replace Underscore (KillUnderscore by ???)
  • Cue Reader (CueReader 5.6 by trixmoto)
  • Split Artist Title (SplitArtistTitle 2.0 by trixmoto)
  • Add Tracks to Playlist (Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist by Zvezdan Dimitrijevic)
  • SQL Viewer/Editor (SQL Viewer by Bex)

... and the "nice-to-have's":
  • More from the same (Toolbar_MoreFromTheSame v1.1 by Steegy aka RC)
  • Magic Nodes by Zvezdan Dimitrijevic
  • Scrobbling (LastFM, ???)

... and the "non-deal-killer's":
  • Missing Album Art (MissingAlbumArt 2.0 by trixmoto)
  • Web Search (WebSearch Panels by jn)
  • Bomb Button

What I really wish for is a return to scraping album info from Amazon. Way back when that worked soooo well, now it's really hit-and-miss. A real SQL editing plugin would be awesome; so many oddball updates can be done that way (can also blow up your database if not careful, so take warning). Also, the web search panels (which use IE) would be nice to re-create to search for album art that can be dragged right in place, and can set up a lookup to AllMusic.com and similar to identify grouping and genre.
Image JClouseau
🎨 artist in all things
⌨️ programmer/analyst by trade
🤠 cowboy at heart
🇺🇸 🇮🇹 📚🌶️🧄🍅
FLWB

Post by FLWB »

The two that are messing me up the most that I am missing are:
  • Custom Fields Tagger (CustomFieldsTagger v1.0.3 by Steegy)
  • Magic Nodes by Zvezdan Dimitrijevic
I use Grouping for sub-genres and both of those add-ons made adding tags and filtering much more manageable. Now my Groupings are just a string of semi-colon separated values with little to no filtering.
"Without music life would be a mistake" Friedrich Nietzsche
telecore

Post by telecore »

For home listening, this add-on is the most important to me - Export to iTunes XML - so that I can use Airplay:
Alternatively, if MM5 could get remote functionality and reliability to rival iTunes + iTunes remote, then I wouldn't need it

Also - some way to easily defeat the volume ID used for file locations: Move Device Content or similar (see below)
For me, I would prefer MM5 to just use a drive letter / path as I have duplicated my files at home and work - any database update requires an extra step to update the file locations

Sometimes I use this as a kind of backup: Export all Playlists

This one is kind of redundant to Move Device Content: Update Location of Files in Database but I also have it installed in MM4

One add-on that I use a lot is one that I wrote for both MM4 and now MM5 - it removes duplicates from playlists based on artist-title (with preference for the highest rating and bitrate) and creates a new manual playlist with the same name plus "*" on the end - very handy for "pruning" playlists
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Update location has a build in function in MM5: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... sign_Drive
telecore

Post by telecore »

Thanks - I did not know about this feature - very helpful