Resetting the "Last Played" Column

Any ideas about how to improve MediaMonkey for Windows 4? Let us know!

Moderator: Gurus

cloparr

Resetting the "Last Played" Column

Post by cloparr »

This is a request to the programmers;

Can you please in future updates, add a feature to the "Options" section of MM allowing the users to reset the "Last Played" column to clear the dates.

Thank you,
Charles
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Resetting the "Last Played" Column

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

This is available using the Add-On RegExp Find and Replace.

So for example, choose Entire Library, Sort by Last Played, make a selection then right click - RegExp Find And Replace / Basic Manipulations / Reset Last Played Field.

You will get a pop-up message box to then confirm you want to reset and the number of files selected.

If you search the forum for RegExp you will find the author and download links for the trial version.

Hope this helps.
Ian Taylor
cloparr

Post by cloparr »

Thank you for responding to my request. I appreciate it!

I will give your suggestion a try and see if and see if I could accomplish clearing the "Last Played" column.

Charles
Edgar

Post by Edgar »

It is also possible to do this by selecting the files you wish to change. Right-click to expose the context menu. The very last item, "Properties" opens a generic properties dialog which gives access to all the common items of the files selected. On the second tab (Details) of this dialog, toward the bottom left, you will see a field "Play Counter". Initially, this value is set to the total number of files selected (possibly higher if some of the files have been played more than once). Set this value to "0" and click "OK". This will reset all of their last played time to zero.
–Edgar

64-bit Windows 10 MediaMonkey Lifetime Gold 3, 4 & beta5
Asus ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard
sound system: Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK mixer, JBL Eon 15 G2 speakers as mains and mains subs, and JBL Eon610 mains with Tascam LF-S8 sub as near field monitors at the computer
junayo

Post by junayo »

Thanks for this tip, Edgar. Your fix works with MediaMonkey 5. Unfortunately, the add-on, RegExp Find and Replace, does not work with MediaMonkey 5.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

junayo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:39 pm Thanks for this tip, Edgar. Your fix works with MediaMonkey 5. Unfortunately, the add-on, RegExp Find and Replace, does not work with MediaMonkey 5.
Hi Junayo, apologies for misleading - the original post was in MMW4 section.

If you need to use RegExp (or indeed any other MMW4 add-on) then you will need to work out a way to run both version 4 and 5.

If you read viewtopic.php?t=103820 you get a hint of what I do!
Ian Taylor