Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5 [READ FIRST POST]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Ludek

Re: Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5

Post by Ludek »

FYI: 'MediaMonkey for Android' and 'Bubble UPnP' can be used for remote control of MM5.
Just set MM5 as server and MM5 as the cast device in 'MediaMonkey for Android' or 'Bubble UPnP'.

Additionaly we are working with mmote dev to port his plugin for MM5 (where you can also rate tracks remotely), so something promising is on the way...
smellhole

Android Remote for MM5?

Post by smellhole »

The MM Remote apps at the Google Play store don't work with MM5 (that I'm aware of). Is there something else out there that I can use to control MM5 on my PC from my Android phone? I got hurt and now I'm pretty much confined to bed and I want to be able to control my MM5 stuff on my PC from my comfy bed with my phone.

Thanks.
::: Smellhole
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Andre_H

Re: Android Remote for MM5?

Post by Andre_H »

- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

There are two different apps with similar names, so it can be a bit confusing.

Current status of MonkeyMote: In active development. We [Ludek] recently fixed a few issues with the MM COM that were preventing him from porting the plugin to MM5.

Current status of MMremote: In active development. Developer recently contacted me. :slight_smile:

[edited April 13]
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
don_swanson

Media Monkey 5 and MonkeyMote - any news?

Post by don_swanson »

I am close to preferring Media Monkey 5 over 4 with one significant exception; remote control from my iPhone. MonkeyMote is useful for this with 4. Any chance this will ever be available for use on 5, or if not, some other way to control music from my phone once I have 5 running on my computer?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi, yes, we are working with MonkeyMote developer to support his plugin for MM5, it is on the way...
TikTok

Post by TikTok »

Ludek wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:13 pm Hi, yes, we are working with MonkeyMote developer to support his plugin for MM5, it is on the way...
Hi Ludek,

Is there any update on this? Or the MediaMonkey Remote 5.0 support?

This has been pending a while. I'm wondering whether to just go back to 4.0 or wait for 5.0 remote support
smellhole

Post by smellhole »

TikTok wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:17 am
Ludek wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:13 pm Hi, yes, we are working with MonkeyMote developer to support his plugin for MM5, it is on the way...
Hi Ludek,

Is there any update on this? Or the MediaMonkey Remote 5.0 support?

This has been pending a while. I'm wondering whether to just go back to 4.0 or wait for 5.0 remote support
Yes, me too, please, I wish to know too!
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
@Drakinite was in contact with developer, but as he is working on it in his free time it simply just takes time.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Yes, both developers are working on their respective apps; but they're both a one-person show and we can't really put pressure on them. Erlend from MMremote told me in the beginning of May that it's progressing well, though as anyone who's done software development would know, it can be very difficult to give an accurate estimate when something will be done.

If the lack of remote control is a deal breaker for you, you might want to stick with MM4 for the time being, as I can't give an estimate for when either app will be ready.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
smellhole

Post by smellhole »

drakinite wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:09 pm If the lack of remote control is a deal breaker for you, you might want to stick with MM4 for the time being, as I can't give an estimate for when either app will be ready.
Just a deal breaker on one of my three PCs. I'll wait patiently for the MM5 remote for that one. Thanks.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

smellhole wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:44 pm Just a deal breaker on one of my three PCs. I'll wait patiently for the MM5 remote for that one. Thanks.
No problem. Will make sure to notify on here when I hear that either of the remote control apps are released. :slight_smile:
Claus_A.

Post by Claus_A. »

Hi there,
I just want to add my two pennys. Today I run iTunes for Win on my PC. But this is no long term solution. So I just baught me MM 5. And I really like. Great UI. Great features. BUT: No Remote for my Iphone. For me this is a dealbreaker. So I hope - and wait - for a solution. But before that I cannot put mor effort in switching everything from iTunes to MM5.

best regards

Claus
smellhole

Post by smellhole »

Claus_A. wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:08 am But before that I cannot put mor effort in switching everything from iTunes to MM5.
Personally, I think the entire planet should band together to make sure that someone - anyone - switches from iTunes to MM5 (or pretty much anything else that runs on a PC that isn't iTunes).

So, I very much encourage, etc, anyone involved in this worthy endeavor to give it their all and help this poor soul move from the clutches of the Evil Empire and into the warm embrace of the world of "Use Whatever You Want".

To the OP: Be brave, sir! It won't be long before you can leave the proprietary hell that is Apple. I will pray for you.
mmote

Post by mmote »

It took quite a while to sort out all the problems that the architectural changes in MM5 brought, but here's a first MonkeyMote build that you can play with:

https://www.monkeymote.com/download/mediamonkey5

Note that the plugin requires the latest 5.0.4 MediaMonkey test build.

Please send bug reports by email or PM.