Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5 [READ FIRST POST]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

telecore

Re: Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5

Post by telecore »

I have the paid version of Monkeymote and have used it with MM4 sucessfully - I installed this new Monkeymote plugin but it doesn't seem to work (not detecting) and I can't find any settings menu anywhere within MM5 - are there some instructions that you can provide? Not sure what I am missing...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you using the latest MediaMonkey 5.0.4 beta, it is required.
telecore

Post by telecore »

Yes - using 5.0.4.2665 and I just tested with MM4 and Monkeymote works with that version
mmote

Post by mmote »

telecore wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:52 pm I have the paid version of Monkeymote and have used it with MM4 sucessfully - I installed this new Monkeymote plugin but it doesn't seem to work (not detecting) and I can't find any settings menu anywhere within MM5 - are there some instructions that you can provide? Not sure what I am missing...
It should show up under Options \ Addons \ Manage Addons if it's properly installed. There should also be an icon in the system tray that you can click to bring up the plugin configuration dialog.
hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen »

mmote wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:18 am It took quite a while to sort out all the problems that the architectural changes in MM5 brought, but here's a first MonkeyMote build that you can play with:
:D :D :D :D :D 8) that's amazing!! Thanks!!!

It's only been 17 months since the release of MM5 for my most missed feature (full remote with rating ability) to become available :P So of course I instantly got my paid license for MonkeyMote (although I'm on team mmremote :lol: ).

At first go everything seems to work fine! Will test further.

As a note to any first time users: There is no plugin config dialogue in MM5 like the one described here, just enter MM5's IP (MM5>Options>Library>Media Sharing without :Port) to the app's dialogue.

Just one plea: please make it possible to rate in half stars / steps in the client app, it seems to only accept full stars. :D Also, existing half star ratings are not displayed correctly.
Claude
mmote

Post by mmote »

Thanks for the feedback! You are right, half-star ratings aren't implemented. That may have to wait until the app gets a much needed facelift, though.
telecore

Post by telecore »

mmote wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:23 am It should show up under Options \ Addons \ Manage Addons if it's properly installed. There should also be an icon in the system tray that you can click to bring up the plugin configuration dialog.
It shows up but no icon - by the way I am running MM5 in portable mode - is there anything else that needs to be done for this case? Not sure why it's not working...
mmote

Post by mmote »

telecore wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:57 am
mmote wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:23 am It should show up under Options \ Addons \ Manage Addons if it's properly installed. There should also be an icon in the system tray that you can click to bring up the plugin configuration dialog.
It shows up but no icon - by the way I am running MM5 in portable mode - is there anything else that needs to be done for this case? Not sure why it's not working...
You may have to run

Code: Select all

MediaMonkey.exe /elevate /regcomserver
once if you're using portable mode.
telecore

Post by telecore »

That was the problem - working now - thanks!
telecore

Re: Remote Control for MediaMonkey 5 [READ FIRST POST]

Post by telecore »

Is it in your plans to add a feature to MonkeyMote for selecting devices recognized by MM5 to play to?
For example, on my Windows PC in MM5, I can select to play to a Denon Heos speaker or some other device.
This would make MonkeyMote a good alternative to Apple's iTunes remote.
mmote

Post by mmote »

That depends on whether or not there'll be API support for that. I think there isn't at the moment?
Peke

Post by Peke »

mmote wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:58 am That depends on whether or not there'll be API support for that. I think there isn't at the moment?
You are right it is missing, I added it as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19417
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
jess12345

Post by jess12345 »

Hi Guys,

When I pick one songs from a playlists it seems to select all songs from the playlist and add them to now playing, is this normal behaviour or can I change a setting I've missed? And also, can you queue songs from playlists? I just can't seem to find an option for that..

Thanks for the app I'm loving otherwise. :D
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes it is default behavior.

You can change default behavior in MM at Tools -> Options -> Player and also you can set behavior per type under Tools -> Options -> Player -> Playback rules.

Please let us know what else you are missing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Peke wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:47 pm
mmote wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:58 am That depends on whether or not there'll be API support for that. I think there isn't at the moment?
You are right it is missing, I added it as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19417
The API is already there.

For the list of remote players: https://www.mediamonkey.com/docs/api/cl ... blePlayers
For getting the active player: https://www.mediamonkey.com/docs/api/cl ... tivePlayer
For setting the active player: https://www.mediamonkey.com/docs/api/cl ... PlayerUUID

For the code example see e.g. generateChoosePlayerSubmenu in actions.js (or inspect it in DevTools)
For calling JS code from external applications see the runJSCode example at https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Contro ... plications