3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

drakinite

Re: 3D Flow Album View [successor to MonkeyFlow for MM5] Beta Testing

Post by drakinite »

rdb wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:16 pm One last request, the text fields cover the artwork and are sometimes difficult to read (depending on the colours in the artwork). Would it be possible to make the scroll bar smaller and move the text fields down below the artwork?
Sure! The next release will have that change.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
drakinite

Re: 3D Flow Album View [successor to MonkeyFlow for MM5] Beta Testing

Post by drakinite »

The 3D Flow Album View addon has been released! You can download it here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brow ... lbum-view/

Thank you, everyone, for your valuable feedback and for helping me along the way. I hope you enjoy it!
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
miku

Re: 3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support

Post by miku »

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

miku wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:50 am error:
https://gyazo.com/504198f63c342d831a695d3daed1a6b1
Could you provide more details, such as the type of node you were on, how often the error occurs, and how to reproduce the error?
Raddish

Post by Raddish »

Hi, I downloaded MM5 and also MonkeyFlow 3D Flow Album View for MM5.
I installed MonkeyFlow 3D Flow Album View for MM5 and selected it in “View” “Skin” and clicked MonkeyFlow (5).
My problem is I don’t seem to have a dropdown on the top right hand of the main screen to select the 3D view so I can’t launch 3D Flow, can you help me with this please.
I checked on the website for Webgl and the square box was turning indicating that my computer supported WebGL.
Cheers
Don
miku

Post by miku »

drakinite wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:56 pm
miku wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:50 am error:
https://gyazo.com/504198f63c342d831a695d3daed1a6b1
Could you provide more details, such as the type of node you were on, how often the error occurs, and how to reproduce the error?
1 This issue will occur, if I stopped music and leave several minutes, and when change view to 3D.
https://gyazo.com/2d85d5eaa58a6e200a9b9c1f068ea135

2 My environment is shows only one music under 3d view list. Does it specification??
Raddish

Post by Raddish »

Hi Drakinite, I see now that 3D Flow doesn’t work in Now Playing view, Could you please make this new 3D flow available in the Now Playing view and have the controls similar to the old MM which were perfect for me as I played my music library in now playing view using MonkeyFlow with the album art going to my large TV screen during the day and the effect was great, unfortunately the old MonkeyFlow doesn’t work anymore. The option to hide all the controls was also great. Could you also have an option to turn off the reflection under the album cover thanks. Cheers Don
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Raddish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:13 pm Could you please make this new 3D flow available in the Now Playing view and have the controls similar to the old MM which were perfect for me as I played my music library in now playing view using MonkeyFlow with the album art going to my large TV screen during the day and the effect was great
Why not enter Party Mode, disable the left & right panels, and disable the menu bar? Then you'll be left with this. https://i.imgur.com/8OawiEc.png You can also toggle the bottom bar to enable/disable the player controls.
Raddish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:13 pm Could you also have an option to turn off the reflection under the album cover
I don't personally see the appeal in that, but that can be done, sure.
Raddish

Post by Raddish »

Hi Drakinite, Thanks heaps for that, I work from home and have my music playing through the house and it’s good to be able to see the cover art and song details on a large screen rather than on a phone. I have spent so much time trying to get the old MonkeyFlow working again in MM4 but it has defeated me. I have MM4 running on a computer that is still running Windows 7 but I just can't get MonkeyFlow to link in and work properly. I now have a computer running Windows 10 with MM5 and I would be eternally grateful if you can make 3D Flow work like the old MonkeyFlow. Cheers Don
fizzjob

Post by fizzjob »

How is the sort order determined? In the old MonkeyFlow, IIRC, it went by Album Artist / Album Title, but this version just seems to have them in there randomly. I'm not complaining since I'm happy just to have it follow the currently playing song, just curious.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Thanks for the confirmation; Should be fixed in 1.0.2. Published on the addon site.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

fizzjob wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:48 pm How is the sort order determined? In the old MonkeyFlow, IIRC, it went by Album Artist / Album Title, but this version just seems to have them in there randomly. I'm not complaining since I'm happy just to have it follow the currently playing song, just curious.
At the moment, it should be sorted by album title. There's no code inside the addon that sorts the album list itself; it simply takes the album list that MediaMonkey gives it, however it was already sorted. I actually forgot that I was planning on adding the option to sort by album title or album artist. If that feature would be helpful, I could still add it.
allwi

Post by allwi »

Hi,

thanks for your work! MonkeyFlow - or that it is not available - was one of the reasons why I didn't move to MM5 :)

Two questions though:
  • I found it hard to figure out how to enable it because I expected (without reading this thread) that it's always available. From the usability perspective, I would like to have the option also when I'm in the (album) artist view to have the option to scroll through the albums of the select artist. Can this be added?
  • It seems that only the artwork of files from the local DB is shown. I often use a DLNA server to play the music which only shows the generic monkey. Can the addon be updated to retrieve the artwork of the songs from DLNA (and cache them locally)?
Aside from this, great work and many thanks!
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I'm glad you like it! :slight_smile:

Re 1: Good point, I didn't consider that. Tracked as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18741
Re 2: I'm not sure how feasible that would be. Will look into it.