3D Flow Album View for MM5 - Support & Beta Testing

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

dypsis

Re: 3D Flow Album View [successor to MonkeyFlow for MM5] Beta Testing

Post by dypsis »

drakinite wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:55 am
dypsis wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:46 pm I just had another look at this addon after noticing a v0.2.4 link in a post above.
Can an option be there to not have the distorted album art view?
Maybe some people find that it looks good, but I would prefer the album art not be distorted.
Could you clarify what you mean by distorted?
Are you referring to the 3D perspective?
Yes, Drakinite.
That's what I'm referring to. ☝️
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Gotcha. Sure, I can add a setting to move the camera down & minimize that perspective distortion!
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

drakinite wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:52 pm Gotcha. Sure, I can add a setting to move the camera down & minimize that perspective distortion!
Great. 👏😃
Konno

Post by Konno »

When I play random songs from a playlist or my library, the album cover does not match the song playing like it did in the old version of this in MM4.
rdb

Post by rdb »

Hi drakinite,

Thanks so much for developing this 3D Album View. It's so fast and smooth. Nice job!

Could you add a setting for the space between albums? I see about 16 albums in the main panel and that's a lot of information. Maybe a setting to space the covers out a bit so I could see fewer covers?

Also, would it be possible to make the cover at the center perfectly square? With 0.2.4 it's more square than previously but still a bit of an isosceles trapezoid.

Ralph
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Konno wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:50 pm When I play random songs from a playlist or my library, the album cover does not match the song playing like it did in the old version of this in MM4.
rdb wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:41 pm Also, would it be possible to make the cover at the center perfectly square? With 0.2.4 it's more square than previously but still a bit of an isosceles trapezoid.
Both added in 0.2.5! You can get it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprro9Ft0fShPv8MTf-NQ
In order for the cover to sync with the currently playing song, switch to the Playing node and switch the view to 3D Album View.

The option to make the cover perfectly square is now in the settings: "Disable perspective distortion on the center cover".

EDIT: Updated 0.2.5 to add an option to space albums wider apart.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Pista

Post by Pista »

Config settings.. Text fields.. When either Text Header or Subheader has Title selected, it displays "Album" field not the "Title" field from my tags. Thanks.

v0.2.5
MM v5.0.2.2511
MediaMonkey 5.0.3.2627

Windows 11 Pro
v21H2
Build 22000.739

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
RAM 12.0 GB (11.8 GB usable)
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Pista wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:29 pm Config settings.. Text fields.. When either Text Header or Subheader has Title selected, it displays "Album" field not the "Title" field from my tags. Thanks.

v0.2.5
MM v5.0.2.2511
I believe the field names have been unclear. In the context of the text fields configuration, "title" refers to the album title, not any individual track title. I've updated it in 0.2.6 to make it more clear, as well as adding translations for those fields: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprrpYWifYlqfuXjJcPow
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

New version 0.2.7 is up.

Changes since 0.2.6:
  • Album art preloading now uses a background-task visual in the bottom of the screen, like other background tasks
  • Fixed issue with right-clicks not working properly when the list is filtered
  • Made the now playing view "read-only", i.e. double clicking or right clicking on albums in Now Playing will do nothing
Get it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprrpZBAtEjfRAYNKlwOQ

If no further issues are found, it will be released as version 1.0.0 on the addons site soon.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Drakinite,

2.7 downloaded and installed over 2.5 with no issues using 2513 debug.

Briefly tested in a number of nodes. 3 fps "resting", typical ~60 fps scrolling, maybe 86 fps maximum. Don't know if this is good or not. But seems a lot faster than previous version.

Great work.
Ian Taylor
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Good to hear, thanks!
Yeah, it's a little interesting how the frame times are sometimes a lot faster than 16.7 ms (which equates to 60 fps). It's fully controlled by Chromium (There's a feature called requestAnimationFrame, which lets you run something at a monitor's native framerate, among other things). Haven't tested it on a high refresh rate monitor, because I don't have one, but it should hopefully run as expected on there.
rdb

Post by rdb »

drakinite wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:30 pm
Konno wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:50 pm When I play random songs from a playlist or my library, the album cover does not match the song playing like it did in the old version of this in MM4.
rdb wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:41 pm Also, would it be possible to make the cover at the center perfectly square? With 0.2.4 it's more square than previously but still a bit of an isosceles trapezoid.
Both added in 0.2.5! You can get it here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprro9Ft0fShPv8MTf-NQ
In order for the cover to sync with the currently playing song, switch to the Playing node and switch the view to 3D Album View.

The option to make the cover perfectly square is now in the settings: "Disable perspective distortion on the center cover".

Hi drakinite,

This is the first chance I've had to try the changes (tried 2.7) and they look very good. Thank you!

One last request, the text fields cover the artwork and are sometimes difficult to read (depending on the colours in the artwork). Would it be possible to make the scroll bar smaller and move the text fields down below the artwork?

Ralph
Konno

Post by Konno »

Where do I find the setting for "Disable perspective distortion on the center cover"?

When I click the settings wheel in the top right corner I just get a window to change the background color and text fields.
Konno

Post by Konno »

Never mind. I found it. I just had to resize the options window. It's all the way at the bottom.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

drakinite wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:30 pm The option to make the cover perfectly square is now in the settings: "Disable perspective distortion on the center cover".

I selected both of those options.
It looks better to me. Nice work.