ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

psyXonova

ScrobblerDJ v1.26, Let your music free!!!

Post by psyXonova »

ANNOUNCEMENT: ScrobblerDJ v2.0 is here

ScrobblerDJ: Let your music free!!!

The Idea
The idea for this script came from this topic

The purpose
The whole point is that most of us have a lot of tracks in our library that we never listen. We usually listen to whole albums or generate some auto-playlists and we listen to them all the time.
This script works like an AutoDJ. If enabled it will add a track "recommended" from Last.FM everytime the playback of the last track in the Now Playing List starts.

How it works
When the playback of the last track in the Now Playing List starts this script will ask a list of related Artists from Last.FM. It will then randomly pick a related Artist that exists in your library and ask from Last.FM the list of his top tracks. It will then play a random suggested track, as long as it exists in your library. If it can't find such a track it will play the most High Rated track of the specific Artist that exists in your library. Finally if it cant find anything (or if your tracks not accessible) it will play a random track from a default playlist of your choise

Aknowlegments
From now on (v1.2) this script it is implemented with the help of Peke.
A big portion of the code related with AutoDJ functionality was taken from Trixmoto's Auto Album DJ script. A big thank for letting me do it
A big thank to Steegy for his initial help concerning asynchronus XML retrieval
I would also like to thank Peke and Abrazor for their useful comments, ideas and corrections

<<<Update 12 May 2007>>>
-Fixed: A long existing problems with SDj settings not getting set correctly at first start
-Fixed: A problem caused by the addition of decimal numbers in LAST.FM xmls

Installation
For this script to work properly, AutoDJ or any other script that works like AutoDJ must be disabled. Also Shuffle must be disabled.....

Since from now on installation consists of 4 files i have made an installation pack that you can download from here.
If updating from previous versions (prior to 1.20) i suggest removing all script.ini entries concerning ScrobblerDJ
Last edited by psyXonova on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:00 am, edited 23 times in total.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Now I see that I need DSL at home. If have about 40.000 Tracks there and it will take years to pick out all the good ones. This Script could help quite well (same for trixmotos Album-Art-Script).
But I'm sure you'll get enough feedback!
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

onkel_enno wrote:Now I see that I need DSL at home. If have about 40.000 Tracks there and it will take years to pick out all the good ones. This Script could help quite well (same for trixmotos Album-Art-Script).
But I'm sure you'll get enough feedback!
Wait for the "Offline" version...
As for feedback... i am really waiting for it ... :lol:
Thnks
Bex

Post by Bex »

Good one psyxonona! This seems to be very cool!! 8)

I'll check it out when I get home.

/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

I´m getting the following Error Message
"Error #438 Laufzeitfehler in MS Vb Script. Das Objekt unterstüzt diese Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht. File: C:\Programme\MediaMonkey_beta\Scripts\ScrobblerDJ.vbs Line 228, Coulumn 3"
In english this Message means
"Object doesn't support this property or method""

I´m using MediaMonkey 2.5.2.942 in a german WindowsXp enviroment.

Any Ideas why this error happens?
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Holterporter...
I discovered that bug a while ago....
I have updated the code. Please replace it and tell me again....
Last edited by psyXonova on Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
holterpolter

Post by holterpolter »

Now it works perfect.
Thanks for the update.
judas

Post by judas »

psy: Lovin' it so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big big thank you
psyXonova

Post by psyXonova »

Thanks Judas.... I love it too, its ON all the time... Never knew i had such wonderfull songs in my library :lol:
judas

Post by judas »

Great!!

I have 3 comments:

1. Say I'm listening to a song1...the scri´pt queries last.fm and adds a new song2...if i dont want to listen to the enqued song2 i delete it (right?) and after the song1 finishes i get silence as it was not the 'last' song being played...mmm...did you understand? can this be fixed?

2. Users should be warned to turn AutoDJ Off before being able to use this script (is rather obvious...but...)

3. A better way to know if the script is On/Off? checkmark?

as you see only MINOR things so far...

thanks,

judas!
abrazor

Post by abrazor »

It's great!great!great! I have had no problems at all. I especially like how you did the status bar display. Good work. Should there be any problems or feedback I will post.
Bex

Post by Bex »

I did just install this script and must say I'm really disappointed :evil:

Naaaaah, that's not true. :wink:

This totally rocks. I'm blown away :D :D
Actually I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face!
It's so coooooool! 8) 8) 8)
It's almost to good to be true. I dont know if I should listen to the suggested song or click to the next one, just to see what comes up. Every song so far is extremly good and i'd never listen to it.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image All kudos to you psyxonova and all others that contributed!

Many thanks!
/Bex
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.

All My Scripts
Balinsky

Post by Balinsky »

This is pretty sweet, the only problem I had was pretty easy to solve: you need the latest version.
MediaMonkey Gold member
Bex

Post by Bex »

I have a suggestion.
Automatically made playlist of the tracks selected!
Optional of course. It should work something like "Recently added tracks" where the name is automatically made with date.
It should be triggered when you turn on the script.

Is that a good idea?

/Bex

All My Scripts
Josti

Post by Josti »

Error ;(

I get an Error when the script tries to load a track (translated by meaning from german)

SDB.CreateTimer(500) : Object doesn't support this Method
(Line 73)