When MM for Linux distros?

Discussion about anything that might be of interest to MediaMonkey users.

Moderator: Gurus

freedomfries323
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:24 pm

When MM for Linux distros?

Post by freedomfries323 »

The Windows 10 EOL debacle has pushed many PC users like myself towards Linux. At this point I'm still *needing* to run windows for access to certain work apps, but that can be done in a VM. I'm seeing more users ditch windows, and even gaming on Linux has matured greatly. You can run most of the games on Steam under linux.

Microsoft, while still holding the market share of desktop PCs, is dropping the ball on creating a consumer focused OS. Today, they care more about selling your data to third parties and cloud computing than to build a client focused OS that the end user controls entirely. I think the migration away from Microsoft is gaining traction. Unlike Apple fans, there are not many Windows users who care about staying loyal to Windows. The writing is on the wall.

So my question is, have the devs thought about porting MM to native Linux? I'm curious what the sentiment is. I'm a dedicated MM user and music collector. I'd love to take this over to Linux and keep supporting you guys.
PurpleLurple
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2026 2:09 pm

Re: When MM for Linux distros?

Post by PurpleLurple »

Yeh. Waiting for a Linux version....
stevenospam
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:10 am

Re: When MM for Linux distros?

Post by stevenospam »

+1 for Linux version. I've moved over to Omarchy (archlinux) and I love it. I'll have to try Wine to get this working because MediaMonkey is important to my music management. I would think that Opencode would make this project a lot easier but ya gotta invest the tokens. GLM-5.3 might be a cost effective way to go. It's being a great coder for me!
Post Reply